Unexpected Reversal

Replies
Views
MoeMoe

I was having excruciating stomach pain and a CT revealed that my intestines were being blocked because of the hernia that developed. They called my surgeon and surgeon said “I guess it’s reversal time.” They prepped me for the reversal, so unexpected and no time to plan for it. Today is the first day after surgery. She was able to do it laparoscopic thank goodness and didn’t have to open me up. Surprisingly, so far, pain is not as bad as the initial open surgery I had 8 months ago. I will document recovery on here in case it will help anyone else searching for reversal experiences. I had to have colon resection due to diverticulitis with perforation and ended up with a colostomy during an ER visit. Today the plan is to remove the catheter and walk after every meal. I’m on a clear liquid diet. They made 3 incisions and closed up the stoma site, she said some docs leave it open but she likes to close it up. That’s actually where the most pain is right now. Hopefully the bowels wake up when I get moving. Because of God, I made it through but because of your experiences, advice, support and strength I have been able to overcome my struggles and fears.  Thank you all, I appreciate each one of you!! Have a super fantastic and blessed day! 

ron in mich

Hi Moe thats good news, ask the nurses for some chewing gum thats what got mine going after resection surgery. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,502 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Justbreathe

Wow - a decision you did not have to make !  Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery and a stoma-free life👏👏👏!

DexieB

So happy for you!  Wishing you a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹 

Beachboy

Get those intestines woke up.  Happy surgery went well and you're up and about.

Going to be a blessed day when you experience a good BM.

Cheers,

Dan

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
MoeMoe

Thank you everyone!! 

Caz67

Great news, remember baby steps no pushing yourself too much. XX 

Newhere

So happy for you, just remember slowly slowly, take care and rest up. Bill

Axl

Good for you Moe, I hope you get all you wish for.

Differentclass

Fantastic news especially as unexpected! Take it easy and keep us updated on progress.