Ostomies are egalitarian

Replies
Views
Mysterious Mose

Not to say I know there is actually an ostomy involved...

https://wapo.st/492c9uZ

ron in mich

Hi Daniel i was wondering that also, that she had abdomen surgery and now comes out with battling cancer, does she have a temp. colostomy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,613 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Mysterious Mose

Hi Ron. When I hear major abdominal surgery, I can't help but think ostomy. If that is the case, this would be the perfect opportunity to raise awareness of ostomies. Given the family history, I am not holding my breath. But, you never know.

Daniel

AlexT

Whatever she has, hopefully she gets healthy and everyone leaves her/her family alone so they can focus on what’s truly important in life. 

Morning glory

I feel so sorry for her. I  wish the press would leave her alone but we know that won't  happen.  I think most of us here has wondered if she has a stoma now. It will bring out such awareness  if she decides  to speak about it; that is if she does have one.  

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
TerryLT

I guess we've all been speculating about the same thing.  Hard not to, but I agree with Morning glory, I feel anger towards the British press who just won't leave her alone.  It's disgusting.  She is battling cancer and all this attention and scrutiny is the last thing she needs.  Imagine her stress level!  Yes, it would be a real boost for ostomy awareness if she chose to share her condition (if that is even what is happening) but I seriously doubt we will ever know, unless of course, some ass!!%# with access to her medical records decides to out her.  Nothing would surprise me.

Terry

Mysterious Mose
Reply to AlexT

Heh. That's not going to happen. Or maybe it will. The American press seems to have stopped reporting on Charles' cancer. I at least hope the press here tires of Windsor intrigue quickly. For the life of me, I do not understand American fascination with royalty. They should be allowed to fade away in peace. :-)

Daniel

kittybou

Poor dear, she looks so tired. 

We will keep her in our thoughts for a good recovery. The press needs to stfu!

AlexT

I can say from my own experience, i just wanted to be left alone once I got going on chemotherapy and stayed curled up in a ball for a few months. It’s too bad the world revolves around gossip now, she’ll be bothered all thru her journey for absolutely no good reason. 

Wish
Reply to Mysterious Mose

I immediately thought the same. Ugh, and I hope she battles and wins this challenge.

JVM261

Right away I thought the same. She maybe has a temporary bag but even though it would raise awareness if she came out about it, it is private. And we as a society need to honor that.

Jayne

The Windsor Family Health:

Historically, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother [as she was termed during her lifetime and once her daughter, Queen Elizabeth II, had been crowned] - had an ostomy - but this was not,  so far as I am aware,  made public during her lifetime.

An ostomy is a private matter - we need not be defined by it - [provided speculation does not force  such a definition within the public domain..

I believe it is both KIND and honourable to Respect people's privacy - WHOM SO EVER IS THE SUBJECT - Royalty being no exception to this consideration for the person.

King Charles II has, through the appropropriate channels, announced his general 'cancer' condition ..... A similar situation has now occured as regards the Princess of Wales .....

It is not for the general public - IMHO - to speculate further - Merely to wish the people concerned a good prognosis and strength of purpose - Their public lives being discharged as best as they are able.

Irrespective of whether we are Royalists - or not - due respect is a helpful attitude and by so doing we may send OUR VERY BEST WISHES.

With Respect and Gratitude,

Jayne

UK