Update on my status

Replies
Views
Itsme58

Cancer has been a very unfriendly thing in my life lately. And it’s come back a couple times, On March 7, I had surgery because cancer had gone to my vagina and a tumor attached to my pelvic wall, I had surgery to remove 2 to 2 1/2 inches of my vagina. Remove the tumors and get cancer off the wall of my pelvic area. And as we all know just because we have one more thing done doesn’t mean that that cancer word isn’t done with us. So so, I went into surgery without a prolapsed growth on my stoma to having a prolapse growth on my stoma when I got out of surgery and all good patient we go to follow-up visits. I went to my follow-up visit, and my surgeon looked at that prolapsed growth and me with Numbing stuff and proceeded to cut the growth out of my stoma as I was in his office And give me stitches. He also sent a growth for biopsy and of course, that word beginning with C cancer came up again. My growth was cancerous. I think God it was in my stoma area in my vagina area. I don’t know how much more I can take the doctors. Taking cancer out of me. Like to think I’m a strong woman, but you know what I’m not and I’ve been out of the hospital not even 24 hours and now I have vaginal bleeding and you know I don’t have hardly any female female female. I have part of my vagina and I don’t know where the blood is coming from, so I’m just venting out here and I don’t to be emotional wreck, but I am too much shit to live for. Can’t take it anymore. Take a deep breath wash my face and take a nap. I cherish everyone I’m hearing and I hope that you’re Doing better than I am hugs, you are my friend

Morning glory

Dear itsme, Lord have mercy on you. You really have been thrugh so much. My heart goes out to you. Praying for you dear. Please get back to the Dr. and see what is causing  the bleeding. Stay in touch.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,598 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Kas

I am so sorry you’re going thru all of this.

But in the words of Winnie the Pooh…

”You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think”

You are strong - you’re a Warrior!  Think of all you’ve already overcome!

Ill keep you in my prayers!

Kim

Caz67

Hi it's me.

You have the nap and then get that bleeding sorted. I'm rooting for you kick ass and the Dr lol 🤣 😂 xx ❤️

Rose Bud 🌹

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon

We need grandbaby back for you to hold stat. What’s your local support system look like right now? I’m so sorry these are the cards you’re being dealt right now. I know it sucks sucks sucks…throw in some expletives…and then some more.  You are incredibly brave to be able to share what you’re going through in the midst of it. I hope you know you’re not alone and I’m sure many of us wish we were closer to be of tangible help.  If you need me to call any of your doctors I’ll be your patient advocate 😉Are you able to rest comfortably? 

Hisbiscus

I'm so sorry to hear this. I would maybe go back to the hospital to the emergency room for that bleeding. Stay strong. Keep faith that God's gonna heal you.

Praying for you 🙏 

Take care if you and rest when you need it. We are here for you ❤️ 

Beachboy

Very sad to hear your struggle.  I've been to the point of saying "I cannot take it anymore."  And yet through the grace of God, I survived.  Even though, many days, I figured my time was up.  Hopefully you can get to the emergency room about the bleeding.  Like others have said, " we are stronger than we know."  

In my darkest moments, when pain was just smashing me, I was comforted by this:

Psalm 18: 6,16

In my distress I called to the Lord;  I cried to my God for help.

From his temple he heard my voice;  my cry came before him, into his ears.

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;  He drew me out of deep waters.

aTraveler

Sometimes no matter how strong we are we need help. While in the hospital, I had a week where every day I got bad news and each day's news was worst than the previous day's news. I told my wife I didn't think I was going to make it but she wouldn't let me give up hope. My nerves were shot and I would have bouts of weeping during conversations — I became emotional when discussing my health and even non-health related subjects. One of my doctor's suggested that I talk with the hospital psychiatrist. I didn't really believe in psychiatrist/psychologist but I agreed to an appointment. He helped me to understand that to endure so much pain and suffering would cause most people to become depressed. In addition to his counseling, he suggested that I let him prescribe to me an antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication. I told him I did not want to start taking something that I may never be able to get off of or have a long weaning off period. He said he could prescribe Cymbalta because it has no weaning off period and I could stop it when I wanted. The Cymbalta allowed me to hold normal conversations again without emotional outbursts. IM58, you have been through a lot and I think you can benefit from counseling and/or antidepressant/anti-anxiety medication.

Axl

Hello it's me, 

I don't what to say here other than just keep chipping away at it, you have places to go, things to see and people who need you. Most here have had dark thoughts, but the will to continue always seems to break through and you will to. 

I hope you get all you wish for. 

Axl

Beachboy
Reply to aTraveler

I had the same.  During my long hospital adventure, I couldn't talk with anyone about my condition, too emotionally fragile.  Months afterward, I thought I was better.  Until I got a few words out..and couldn't continue.  I'm now at 15 months post op.  I cope by avoiding getting into too much detail when asked about my stoma.  

DexieB

Oh hon I am so sorry to hear of your struggles.  I will be praying for you to have the best possible outcome!!  I understand how you feel, I cried so much in the hospital and I am not one to have bouts of crying. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't help it because I didn't think I was coming out of the hospital.  Even now, whenever I have a cancer surveillance test etc. I think to myself that I cannot take one more thing....so you are not alone in how you feel.  But you are stronger than you know. My thoughts will be with you!

Itsme58

Up date; surgery scheduled for May 9th stoma revision. On some really strong antibiotics I feel really good, I just had a meltdown the other day. Thank God cancer didn’t re appear inside, it was on my stoma, time to kick cancer in the stoma!!!!! Thank you all for your prayers and words, HUGS, Linda

IGGIE

We will all send good vibes your way and hope you get some good breaks for a change. Do you have family to help you ?? or close friends. If not we are here for you. Regards IGGIE

Itsme58
Reply to IGGIE

I have a great family and Neighbor support. In fact, my neighbor Charlotte has been spending the night at my house with me and she’s just been a blessing just as well as everybody here thank you so much. I come here for comfort because I know there’s somebody in here that knows what I’m going through And I treasure all of you hugs, Linda