Question

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

I'd like to know if anyone else experiences this. It would most likely be people who rinse when emptying.  I'll try to explain the best way I can. If when you empty and let's say you just got done cleaning or maybe brushing your teeth and if course washed hands but then you go to empty and rinse the pouch and wipe the end. You can taste either the toothpaste or cleaning supply just from maybe some residue still been on your hands. Or is this just crazy me??? 

Mysterious Mose

Well, if you just brushed your teeth, that would explain the aftertaste of toothpaste. And if you washed your hands and then put your hands in your mouth, that would explain the aftertaste of soap. If it is something different then I would say it's crazy you. 🤣😎

Daniel

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,600 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

infinitycastle52777

If the residue is still on your hands maybe you should wash them again? Don't you wash your hands to get rid of the residue?

AlexT

You put your hands in your mouth to taste them? Some weird stuff going on in Ohio. 😁

Hisbiscus
Reply to infinitycastle52777

Yes I do wash them. 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Hisbiscus
Reply to AlexT

Very funny Alex, should have known you'd come up.with some CAS.

Hisbiscus
Reply to Mysterious Mose

Yeah not in my mouth at all just touching the bag and rinsing unless something getting on the rinse bottle from the spigot. 

AlexT
Reply to Hisbiscus

I get licking Cheeto dust off one’s fingers but tasting them for the hell of it? 🤷‍♂️😁

warrior

Chief sitting bull says you need to speak to the gloved one.. 

" dances with gloves on and everything else"..

After that , see Crazy Horse.

He knows crazy. 🤦‍♂️. 

Bill

Hello Hisbiscus.
You might like to know that the sense of taste is inextricably linked to the sense of smell. Sometimes people think they are tasting things when in fact they are smelling them.
I have copied a small section of an article  by J.R.Anticaglia on this subject  but if you wish to read more just  Google  the links between smell and taste.
Best wishes

Bill

Joseph R. Anticaglia MD
Medical Advisory Board

Taste and smell are connected in more ways than we realize. Eighty percent of what we taste is related to the sense of smell. There is virtually no flavor to food or beverages without the sense of smell. This article emphasizes the actions of the Olfactory nerve, i.e. the smell nerve, how it contributes to the enjoyment of food and drink, how it protects us from harmful irritants and how it enhances the quality of our life.

The sensations of taste and smell mingle to bring out the flavors of food and drink. Perhaps the Olfactory nerve is the most underappreciated of the five senses.

Axl

Nah .. you're nuts 🤣

Hisbiscus
Reply to Bill

Thanks for the reply. I been dealing with taste and smell issues for about maybe 3 years now. One doc said maybe due to long covid. That article was very helpful. Thanks

Hisbiscus
Reply to Axl

Cool

Hisbiscus
Reply to warrior

It goes right thru the gloves. Could be coming from the bathroom spigot or handle when rinsing?  Dunno but it's messed up

Beachboy
Reply to Bill

Like I've heard... the nose.. knows.