Pissed

Replies
Views
VisnuGD

Don't know what else to do. I had a huge leak about 3 weeks ago that left a huge chunk of my peristomal skin like raw meat, weeping etc. after a bunch of trial like crusting, etc etc, nothing would stick because it kept weeping. Finally I put stoma powder , calcium alginate pads and covered it and it worked. Well now all of the sudden ( no leaks ) I have some red spots that are weeping like crazy, now NO tape sticks to me when I ALWAYS used Tegaderm and could have it on for 5-7 days easy. Now as soon as I go to the shower it starts to peel off baam all wet underneath. Barrier extenders, sure seal rings, all types of skin preps, nothing. How da heck I'm going to heal this if I can have it on 1 full day 😡😡. Stupid ileostomy 

infinitycastle52777

Sorry to hear you are having such trouble. It sounds like you are doing all the right things and trying everything you can. Do you have a wound care nurse? That might be the person to ask about this maybe they can have a look at the area you are talking about. It must be really frustrating with trying everything you have tried. Maybe someone else on here will have a good suggestion. I was going to say try barrier extenders but you said you already tried that. So I am not sure what else you can do. Do you use anything to protect the skin when it is not weapy? Like a skin prep wipe? Maybe try that over the affected area and it will leave a film covering the weepy spots. I am stumped other then that. Have you ever used Marathon? That is a good product that helps when skin is sore and weepy. I use it and it has worked wonders for me. It dries on contact and forms a crust. 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,615 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

Also...see a dermatologist..

When u make that call ask the receptionist for the Dr....to call u back.. call 3 dermatologist... and ask if they can help.

Sometimes a pill is needed. 

Stoma nurse could know.. things is... getting an appointment  a.s.a.p.  either stoma nurse or experienced dermatologist. 

Beth22

Infinity is correct marathon and there is also one that for me worked better for me personally. It's 3m advanced skin protectant. Blows using the crust method out of the water .. the crust method has never personally worked for me unfortunately so I found and have used both of this skin protectants. This pic is the 3m

Hisbiscus
Reply to Beth22

The Mercedes of the skin protectant's 👍

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
MoeMoe

Hi, sorry you are going thru this. I don’t have advice for leaks but for the raw weeping skin, I received plenty of advice from the great people on this site. This is what worked for me. I removed the bag, wiped my skin with adhesive remover and a wipe, put a towel under my belly and rinsed with warm water, I never had the courage to shower bagless. Then I put a very thin layer of neosporin and let air dry for 5 minutes or so. Put a towel under my belly again and I washed the neosporin off with antibacterial soap and rinsed it off with warm water, let it air dry for another 5 minutes or so. I did this for about 3 days and my skin healed and the weeping went away. I had a colostomy, I know it’s different from an ileostomy but it’s what helped my skin to heal so thought I would share. I hope you find something that works for you. 

xnine

I use Salts rings with aloe.  They last the longest and my skin is good.

DexieB
Reply to Beth22

I also used Cavilon, it’s awesome! 

TerryLT
Reply to xnine

They have worked wonders for me too.

Beth22
Reply to DexieB

It is.. I liked it better than marathon at least with my crazy sensitive skin and found it worked better and longer but that's just my personal experience.