Ostomy bag usage in the UK: Frequency and cost concerns

Replies
Views
mdq58

Victoria,

During my 42 years with an ileostomy, since I was 18, I've not been depressed because I was an ostomate. I know that without my surgery I would be dead. The thought of being dead was more depressing than living. There is so much you could and can do. How about doing volunteer work? With poor, your local school or hospital, ..... Don't stay home and feel sorry, use and take advantage of your health to help others.

Mike Q

Don't worry, I take my own advice.

NewlifeVictoria

Yes, you're right but when you're not feeling well, it can be hard. And I didn't ask about how many times you change your bag. Well, I'm just saying how I never feel good and do you lift heavy? And do you rest a lot? I do. I feel like I'm gaining too much weight too. It's been a lot and so scary. A lot. Also, I don't drive. Thanks for reading. Hope you're well. I'm always dizzy, feeling new life. Victoria.

Always dizzy, feeling new life. Victoria.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,484 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.