It's Official, I Am an Ostomate!

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Rozanskyism

The pain is intense! I feel like I did a million sit-ups!

Ice chips are now the most delicious things in the world. Gratitude is the most important word of the day.

They went through my belly button, just two little incisions.

My AA sponsor came by my room at the hospital at 11:30 last night!

The nurse caring for me is so nice!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,102 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Welcome aboard mate. Eight ice chips for 30 days. Eight very little. After 3 years, still no app. Okay, keeps me slim. Less weight to carry. Easy to go up steep. Everything has a reason. If you know what I mean. Live long and prosper, Jerz from Baltimore. See ya.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
NJ Bain

Rozanskyism,

Welcome to the club! Glad you got through the surgery without a hitch. Now is the time for healing. The surgery doesn't sound as invasive as it was for most of us. You'll probably be on ice chips for at least a week, and then they will probably let you do surgical soft food. Get ready to hate jello with a passion....lol

Make sure you use the breathing apparatus so you don't get pneumonia and hold a pillow tight to your abdomen if you have to cough. The medical staff is probably getting you up on your feet already. The sooner you get off of the pain meds, the sooner you can get out of there. We'll keep you in our prayers. Hollar if you need anything.

Bain

Mrs.A

Well, we're glad to hear you're on the road to recovery. God is good! Take one day at a time and before you know it, you will be home and looking ahead toward the future. We'll be here if you need support or have any questions.

Sasquatch

Hang in there, you'll be back up to speed soon.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister