Ostomy Belt: Issues with Clipping and Rolling?

Replies
Views
Cragg

Hey y'all! I would like to ask a question about the ostomy belt. Does anyone have any issues with theirs that clips on to the wafer? My belt on the single layer side always rolls up, becomes deformed, and digs into my side. On the double layer side, it does not happen. Thanks.

Sasquatch

What brand are you using? The different brands couple to the bag/wafer differently. I use a Hollister system, my belt connects to tabs on the sides of the flange attached to the bag itself. I don't use a belt very often, but have never had a problem with it. Make sure your belt is not adjusted too tightly, I've heard of over-tightening the belt causing flange coupling issues.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,460 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Cragg

I use Hollister.

Cragg

I keep mine fairly loose, but have heard others have had a similar issue.

Bill

I use two belts and used to have this problem. Then I made a sleeve for the belts to go inside and this resolved the problem. The belts are obviously not made firm enough to remain stable when they are a single strand. when they are double, or in a sleeve they seem to be okay. also, they get worse as they age! come to think of it - so do I.

Best wishes

BillĀ 

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
kbd

Use a 4" belt that just fits over the wafer.

Hermit

Yep, no hope for belts. Good for intimacy! Also for support and keeping prolapsed stoma in place!

Hermit

Yep, no hope for belts. Good for intimacy! Also for support and keeping prolapsed stoma in place!

xnine

How old is the belt or how long have you had it on? The older the belt, the more likely it will fold. Also, the longer you wear it, the more likely it will fold. Time for a new one or a clean one.

Hermit

It's 4 years old. Yes, time for a new one, been a lifesaver!

Ladyhawke

Where do you get a 4-in-one? Thanks.

Hermit

Google Nu Hope Belt