Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,936 members

Transporting your ostomy supplies

Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:07 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

I carry a backpack. That way I can fit normal purse stuff, ostomy supplies, and a large water bottle.

Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:17 am

I'm probably gonna jynx myself now, but I don't carry anything in any way anymore throughout my day to day activities.  For the first year or so I had a little bag in my back pack for school, never needed it, so stopped bringing it.  I haven't ever since.  At work, due to the physical nature and extremely unpredictable way things can go, I keep a spare in my duffle bag burried at the bottom.  I just try and stay proactive with work, and ensure I have a fresh pouch before my 2 day shifts and a fresh pouch before my 2 night shifts.  If there is a failure in there, I haven't duffle bag with my rehab gear on the truck but it would most likely be something catastrophic that would involve being hurt and a leaky poo bag would be the least of my concerns. I say that only because I've put a lot of stress on my pouches over the years, and the only time there has ever been a failure has been due to my own laziness or lack of diligence in ensuring I freshened up recently.

This may sound funny, but in a pinch, I've used duct tape to slap everything together to hold it in place for a few hours or whatever till I get home.  Quicker and easier .

Traveling I just carry it all in my back pack normally.

Hope that helps

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,936 members
Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:38 pm

sorry but i am small and use the bag sent to me by convetec. i use a larger purse

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.