Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,328 members

FYI - NJ ostomates

Posted by w30bob, on Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:05 am

Hi Guys,

Just saw this post.  I'm from Jersey originally.......exit 16W on NJTPK, but don't get back there very often.  I agree that Facebook sucks, I avoid it like the plague.......but what Mark was talking about was a CLOSED Group on Facebook. That means folks not invited and granted permission can't access the group.....so your privacy is protected. You might just reach more NJ ostomates on FB than on here. I don't think you can trust any of the member numbers on here because I'm finding most of the "members"  on here are either long gone or don't access this site any more. Good luck with your "meet-up".  If you can't get enough people you can always do a video conference on Skype or something. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Bob

Reply by Mark1070, on Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:37 am

Thanks w3bob. You are absolutely right. The closed Maryland group is growing and privacy is good.  It'll take time to build a vibrant supportive community. Corrent members are still very much suffering from crohns or UC, so many outings are simply not possible. And i believe others are a bit shy about this illness because of it's personal nature. That's actually the reason why i never went to my local support group 10 years ago. I couldn't bring myself to talk to 40 strangers about this illness. Unfortunately, that postponed my emotional recovery by several years. For those of us who were active before this disease took hold, it's very important to get back into it and indeed may bevthe only key to happiness so I'll keep working to help speed ostomates full recovery back to an active lifestyle. Cheers all. 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.