The Human Race (Jane Elliott)

In this discussion
Replies
Views
Angelicamarie

Black Nouveau/Exclusive/Jane Elliott Interview, Part 1/Utube

Jane Elliott is known for her "Blue eyes-Brown eyes" exercise. This exercise was first done on her third grade class. Since then she has done this exercise on adults an continue going strong.

Best Wishes,

Angelicamarie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Bill

Hello Angelicamarie.
Thankyou again for providing the link to Jane Elliott’s interviews. I have now watched all three of those available and was most impressed. I am reluctant to say that I like what she is saying because it is what I have been saying and writing about in my rhyming verses for many years. This feels as though my thoughts on these matters are narrowly focussed and I am not looking at the wider picture. However, from my perspective, I have viewed much of what jane Elliott has been saying about human relationships as a manifestation of ‘BULLYING’, which I have always believed to be morally ‘WRONG’.
Jane has focussed her attention on the ‘race’ issue, and I applaud her for that because she has highlighted some important and pertinent points in that regard. However, from the perspective of someone who was born and grew up in a class ridden society where there was just as much prejudice exploitation and bullying of the lower-classes (black or white) as there was towards those of different coloured skins, I inevitably had a perspective moulded by experience.
In the days of the black slave-trade, there was a similar, simultaneous slave-trade in white serfs throughout the British colonies and the UK. This had been going on since the Roman conquest and probably before. During my lifetime I have witnessed the slave trade perpetuated in industry and throughout the employment sector, where anyone other than those privileged few are treated as if they are slaves, to be exploited and bullied in a variety of institutionalised ways.
In more recent times, I have found it interesting to see a movement to stop what they call ‘modern-slavery’. However, the principles behind this movement have not yet been aimed at those who have traditionally been involved in the ‘slave-trade’ of the lower classes.
From my perspective, this is not just about race, but about bullying of all types. When I was involved in a conversation with a black friend, (who was also into the ‘BLACK-POWER’ movement) about the despicable behaviour and attitudes of white people towards those of a different skin colour. I penned a poem to try to encapsulate my own view on this matter. (see below:)

FREEDOM.
A bureaucratic internee
Loses creativity.
When black men get their freedom
will they then free me?

Injustice and hypocrisy
throughout this base society.
will they then free me?

I’ve suffered through bureaucracy
and I’m as white as white can be.
will they then free me?

All men pay the penalty
succumbing to their subtlety
will they then free me?

We don’t escape captivity
for this has been our legacy.
will they then free me?

I am in truth a refugee
for my nonconformity.
will they then free me?

With my peculiarity
I see a similarity.
will they then free me?

I wish them very well you see
when fighting inequality.
will they then free me?

Will they take a Judas fee
or struggle to eternity?
will they then free me?

Great, bright future I foresee
With black men fighting ‘longside me.
will they then free me?

B.WITHERS 1989

My wife has a very interesting perspective on this as she says: “ It is now 2019, why are we still talking about this issue when it should have been resolved long ago?”

Best wishes
Bill

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Angelicamarie

G'afternoon Bill, thanks for your input. In regards to the question your wife had. Because nothing has changed in 2019. Thanks Again!

Sincerly, Angelicamarie

Pirrip

The Golden Rule: Them with the gold, rule.... shame but there we are. Those without the gold, mostly say that if they had the gold, they would be really sweet with it, but it Always happens that they aint. Power corrupts all but the strongest! shame but fact. it melted communism, and it has melted a lot of my friends. maybe one day it will get me! ha ha ha!

Angelicamarie

Pirrup, Ms Elliott was saying just that... thanks for your input.

Best Wishes,

Angelicamarie

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Bill

Hello Angelicamarie. That's not quite what I replied to my wife -- It was more along the lines of: "Not much has changed since the middle ages!"

It has often bemused me to contemplate that the rulers (dominant bullies) in our society have rarely been 'racist' in the sense that they despise, hate or resent other dominant bullies from different races. They are quite willing to invite bullies to their countries and give them VIP treatment. However, they are not willing to be so hospitable to those who do not exercise power and dominance over others. 

I found it most interesting when visiting the USA that they label anyone who is not american as 'Aliens'. As if somehow we are so different as to be from another planet. There is a subliminal message in 'labels', which are disproportionately influencial on some people's perpsectives on others, this is why I penned a few poems about 'name-calling'. ( see one below)

What I also noticed on my travels, was that when I was 'in-transit' to New Zealand, the US border force was so hostile that I decided that for future flights I would travel via the far east, rather than the US.  Interestingly, on all  the occasions when I was actually staying in the USA, this hostility was not there and the border force seemed much more welcoming, as was the general population.  

NAME-CALLING.

We have all seen unpleasant games
where folks are called unpleasant names
but have we stopped to ponder why,
or what needs this game would satisfy?

Who benefits from name-calling?
and who would think that it’s appalling?
It’s name-callers who benefit
whilst their victims they discredit.

A name-calling applicator
is also called a perpetrator
for verbally they may seem strong
although the thing they do is wrong.

Name-calling is designed to be
insulting and derogatory
It’s also meant to deprecate,
create hate and subjugate.

Having studied this thing fully
I conclude it is the bully
who gains the most from this pursuit
as they enjoy the role of brute.

Bullies learn this trait when young
rehearsing it through fist and tongue.
Then, when as adults they emerge
their bullying will then resurge.

This name-calling is just one bit
of bad behaviour that’s a fit
for traits of personality
which shows their amorality.

It is unfortunate to see
these bullies in society
creating grief and misery
by name-calling effrontery.

B. Withers 2019

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member

Yo, beautiful blackish type Yankie Woman Wenchy, what are you best Known for, if you

are allowed to answer, my distant friend ?!?

It's a shame the site is now (careful with words(site gods!)) basically crap, no

pun!

It's just how it is, for now.

Of all the folk I'm talking with Angel, Al Jazeera ;have offered a silly amount of

money for the info/story, too funny (crazy amount!) but I guess it would make headlines, the money

if any, is already set for a charity, I'll tell you.

Tc my friend

s

x

Angelicamarie

Sueaxe, what am I best known for? Who knows on this site. The most important thing is what one thinks of self. I am a caring soul ! Take care..

Respectfully,

Angelicamarie

Past Member

Hiya Angelica

It is often the case folk take nice people for granted, use, abuse and generally

see them, sadly, as weak and easy ;to use, manipulate, ignore or take advantage of, which

often alleviates their own personal inadequacies in order ;to make ;themselves feel 'better'.

It is hard for many ;to be genuinely nice, quite rare, especially without an agenda.

Stay nice, generous and giving Lady, it suites you and ;is you my distant fiend, sorry, friend,

which is how and what I know you ;for being.

And your infectious smile!!

Tc

s

x