Ostomy & C-diff

Replies
Views
pammer

Hello, I am looking to chat with anyone who has had to deal with a C-diff infection since having your ostomy and would love to hear how you were diagnosed and how long it took to start feeling better and anything else. Thank you, Pammer

w30bob

Hi Pammer,

I never had C-Diff, but my mom did a few years ago. She got it from taking care of a sick aunt and it almost killed her. I expect that today hospitals are better able to treat it than they were a few years ago, but she was hospitalized for a few weeks and then recovery at home took months. Diagnosis was quick (a couple of days tops), but treatment was hit or miss and she got lucky. She's fine now, but C-Diff is no laughing matter. Get feeling better soon!

Regards,

Bob

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.