Toilet Drops for Odor-Free BMs: What's the Name?

Replies
Views
tdbm

I tried putting a couple of drops of tea tree oil on a little piece of tissue and put it inside the bag. My nurse does that with the Coloplast O.A.D. deodorant. Oh boy!!! It "burned" or melted a hole through the bag right at the bottom while I was out! Luckily, I smelled that there was a "problem" before it got on my clothing!

markndeb20

Hi! I only just realized there were some notifications that I have not replied to... so sorry this is so late!!! The toilet drops are called 'Just a Drop' and can be ordered through Harriet Carter website (harrietcarter.com). Just a drop is -really- all you need! We put a drop into the toilet and then a few squares of toilet paper before we empty my son's bag. Doesn't make the smell go away... but helps with the intensity of the odor! - Ryan's Mom

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bubby

Tried many things, but baby oil in the pouch before installing was totally it. Just be careful not to get it on the adhesive part, i.e. skin, wax, stomahesive, etc., or it won't stick very well. It makes for the speediest and cleanest emptying ever. Just need 1 paper towel each time to clean closure. It helps with smell also as it coats to seal in moisture from evaporating, taking smell with it. When I had a bag, I had baby oil in the car, house, and even at work! No big deal!! Cheap too!! After emptying, just a little squirt to replenish the bag. I think they lasted longer also. Only need a spoonful each time. Jay hope this helps someone.

cruiseguy

I know of this spray that you put in the toilet to neutralize odors, and I have used it in the past and it has a really funny name but it sure does work. It's called Poo-Pourri. Here is their website http://www.poopourri.com/. I ordered it on Amazon but I'm sure eBay would have it too!

nurse07

I buy a product called Pure Drop from Wal-Mart for $2.59. I find it near the cleaning, laundry supplies, and paper towels and toilet paper. It is usually hanging on the end of an aisle. It works great and does not leave a film or oil in the toilet.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
blueonthetyne

I know we all suffer from the fear factor with this thing over smells and stuff, but I've come to realize that it's still not as bad as the conventional rear and fart. A friend of mine did this the other day, and it was so bad I was nearly sick, but everybody laughed. It just shows what an elite club we are, and only we can understand that.

LadyHope

M9 by Hollister works pretty well, although the color of the product is blue. I also use Na'scent and Safe and Simple. All do a good job at keeping odors at bay. LH

JohnNJ

I think you are thinking about Poo-Pourri.
I never used it.