Countdown to Ileostomy Reversal and a Shoutout to "Man Up To Cancer

Replies
Views
krkb01

Hey all, so long story short, I had LAR on May 2nd, and I am currently 12 days away from my temporary loop ileostomy reversal surgery. I will have had it for just about 5 months. I'm looking forward to returning to a normal-ish life, being NED since my LAR.

Any men in this group, please look up "Man Up To Cancer." It's a Facebook support group for men fighting cancer or survivors of cancer. Once a year, they host a wonderful retreat, which I had the pleasure of attending this year.

I couldn't have gotten through my fight without these people. Literally, 2200+ men (Wolves) fighting with you through every treatment, scan, or scope!

Beachboy

Hope all goes well. I'm a very long-term stage 4 cancer survivor, over 40 years. Never give up.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,628 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

krkb01
Reply to Beachboy

Have you connected with this group? Man Up to Cancer: The Howling Place. I think you would like it. Please look into it if you have not already. They helped me through everything!

Mysterious Mose

I wish you good fortune. I am 22 days from an ileostomy reversal myself. No LAR though. Just no colon. :-)

Daniel

7dragonflies.hm

Best of luck and prayers for you! Keep us posted and stay strong, friend.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister