Seeking Advice on Switching to Convex Two-Piece Closed Pouch

Replies
Views
Lilbet

I am a new ostomy owner. I have had it for about a month. I'm very interested in a convex, two-piece, closed pouch. I want to just snap off and toss. And snap a new bag on. 

I'm in year 7 of ovarian and fallopian tube cancer. I have two nephrostomy tubes to deal with. Plus, I broke my ankle in August. So, I'm dealing with a lot. 

I just want to make one thing easier and my nurse has said this would be easier. 

Any thoughts, experience, advice?

Thank you in advance for any comments. 
Lilbet

SailorGirl

It's definitely easier. I use the 2-piece click convex.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,529 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

WIOstomyGuy

I used that system for years until I learned about irrigation. In my opinion, it's definitely easier to quickly change a closed bag vs emptying a closed pouch.

CrappyColon

Do you have a colostomy then?

AlexT

A couple things to consider… 1) You'll always need to carry a bag with you since you never know when you'll need to change it. 2) You'll go through a lot more bags, and if you have to pay for your supplies, your costs will go up. 3) Disposing of them may be an issue also. Good luck with your decision.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Lilbet

Thank you for all the kind responses. Cost will be more. I'm pretty much home except for doctor's visits. When I do leave, I take a kit with me. Going to add a change of clothes too because I've had 3 blowouts so far.

I need to order more supplies tomorrow.

Yes, I have a colostomy.

msmelt7230
Reply to Lilbet

I am a 23-year-old colorectal cancer warrior. I love the two-piece, it makes it so easy to change. I take the whole thing off (pouch & wafer) to shower due to water causing a fungi under the wafer. Yes, always keep extras with you. Pros & Cons on Purpose

KatGio

This is exactly what I am planning to do!