Penny for your thoughts....

Replies
Views
7dragonflies.hm

Anyone else get the inclination that these things have somewhat of a sixth sense? I'm fairly certain Stuey does. Like he knows right when I get done rinsing out my bag and am gleefully going about my business. He decides to go about his business...again. 😵‍💫 I can't be the only one on this...

Beth22

Lol 😆 nope, I say the same thing as soon as I step out. I will literally just have finished emptying, sometimes twice, and as soon as I get in the car or store, she starts flowing.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,607 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Beachboy

Just happened to me. Emptied before I went out for dinner. Emptied at the restaurant. At the movies, had a mini blimp... had to discreetly do some burping. My wife was unamused. (Watched the original Ghostbusters). And now back home... Emptied again. When it rains, it pours.

Bill

Hello 7dragonfies.hm.
Thank you so much for this post, which has prompted me to write yet another rhyme. After so many rhymes on stoma issues, it gets harder to find more things to rhyme about, so It's very much appreciated when someone like you shares a new concept on the subject.
As an acknowledgement to your important contribution, I will post the rhyme here today . However, tomorrow I will post it independently, as admin has asked that I post my rhymes in this section so that they automatically get transferred to 'Rhymes by Bill' in the 'collections section.

Thanks again
Best wishes

Bill

THE AUTONOMIC SYSTEM.

The autonomic system tends
to work on automatic trends,
which I have found that on the whole
are not within my mind’s control.

So, when unusual things arise
it should not come as a surprise,
a bit like it’s a parasite
in our bodies, out of sight.

I think, as far as I can tell 
it seems to function fairly well
so, must have some control somewhere
that it is not prepared to share. 

It’s busy doing its own thing,
so who knows what next it might bring,
‘BUT’,  independence has a price
that sometimes isn’t very nice.

Within my life there’s always ‘buts’
and in this case it is my guts,
which seem to function on their own
and sometimes make me moan and groan.

I have to manage wayward shit
but my stoma can help with it, 
as long as it’s predictable
it is much more manageable. 

It’s hard enough to cope with this,
but when the system’s hit and miss
it tends to be a bitter pill
with guts that work at their own will.

This system really needs to be 
able to be controlled by me,
so not work independently
and certainly not separately.

B.Withers 2023

Audrey Warren

Repeating as much as 7-11 times but only in the morning. I have IBS. It's psychologically exhausting at times. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised with just 2 or 3.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Mysterious Mose

The joys of an ileostomy...

Morning glory

Yes, it can be pretty aggressive at times. I really get annoyed when I just emptied before going to bed and I have to get right back up.

7dragonflies.hm

Bill, I'm glad I prompted one of your infamously relatable poems! Well put, I must say.

Ahhh. The most inopportune times... going somewhere or in bed trying to sleep.

And yes, psychologically exhausting is exactly right. I fasted the day before yesterday for some testing yesterday and was so pleased to get a "break". But... I was reminded this morning (after eating last night) that the show must, and will go on, so to say.

eefyjig

Oh, very common in my house. I tell my husband I'm just "going to empty" before we leave for somewhere, then sit on the toilet for fifteen minutes because I'm not done when I think I'm done. He gets it and is very understanding. It's just frustrating for me because I don't like being late and it's inevitable. But I'm grateful I'm not sitting on the toilet in agony like during my UC and J-pouch days!

Grammy

I'm so glad it's not just me! And how much toilet paper do you go through each week?

Mysterious Mose

Speaking for myself, I go through a 205-sheet roll of heavy-duty Charmin every 3-4 days, or slightly less. I use a folded wad of 4 to clean the initial dump and any subsequent rinse, 1 to wipe the inside of the tail, and 3 to cover the front of the toilet. Then there is the one flushable wipe to clean the outside of the tail. That goes in the trash unless I have been careless in emptying it or high, or both. :-)

Daniel

infinitycastle52777

My Marvin (the stoma) will go as I am putting a clean bag on. Any pressure around him makes him go. He also sometimes "talks" on mention of his name. I definitely think he has a sense of things. Like when I take the bag off, he will do nothing, but the minute I step in the shower, he thinks it's a toilet! And putting him in a wrap scares the poop out of him too. I think he is afraid of the dark when he is covered up.

Lee

ahynes111
Reply to Mysterious Mose

You know it! I'm always conscious of the toilet surroundings!

Beachboy

Maybe we need a GPS phone toilet app... Gotta go... you gotta go!

kennybob94zz
Reply to Beachboy

I always grab extra napkins at where ever I'm at. Stick them in my pocket. 

Mysterious Mose
Reply to Beachboy

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/flush-toilet-finder-map/id955254528

There are many others for Android, as well. Since we are going to London next month, I installed one specifically for that city.

Daniel

GraceFalls

Yup, yup. Rinse and bugger says, “Nice. Gonna do it again!”

My tummy alien still has not figured out I am not a morning person. Or that when I say I want a naked shower, that means no poo!

Beachboy
Reply to Mysterious Mose

I knew my smart phone would be good for something, some day.  This app will be invaluable for traveling.

warrior
Reply to GraceFalls

"Tummy alien" I like that .. can i use it?👽