Relationship

Replies
Views
sabreeze35

Hey there, so it's been over a year since I had my surgery. I'm feeling and doing well.๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ.ย 

I'm ready to start dating and exploring ๐Ÿ˜†.

My ?? Is.

I'm soooooooo nervous about revealing my new gorgeous body and my attachment.. I always back out, so what should I do, and how Are some ways to get over my being uncomfortable..

Riva

Hi. ย  ย Donโ€™t let having a pouch define whom you are. ย Go for it and ENJOY โ˜บ๏ธย 

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,600 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ben38

Only one way in my view be up front from the start and say you have one as I see it 'Take me as I am or watch me as I go'.

Let them know it doesn't stop you from doing anything, usual comment's I used to get was I won't jump up and down on your stomach I always laughed and said you better jump on itย  woman! lol use some humour make it light hearted to put them at at ease to as you might be the first person they know that has a stoma.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised most people won't be bothered about it. I've had a ileostomy over 30 years it was never a problem in any new relationship.ย 

Beachboy

Yes.ย  Be upfront about it.ย  A stoma does not define us.ย  Everyone at my work is fascinated by it.ย  I've shown it to many of em.ย  They can't believe the red thingy in the bag is my intestine.

Good luck

AlexT

you go about it just like before getting your attachment, then just be honest and upfront.ย 

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Past Member

Well start with chatting with me,and take the pressure off.

ย