Small White Bumps

Replies
Views
andsoitis

Hi, has anyone experienced small white bumps on the bottom edge of their stoma? If so what did you use to heal them? 

Thanks 

Jayne

Hello

Hello 'Andsoitis'

Could you give your readers more info?

Possibly it may be granulating tisue perhaps - But not enough info to guess .... Are you recently out of surgery - or if not have you changed your appliance cutting form hole shape/dimension?

BW

Jayne

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,615 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Morning glory

You might  have a virus of some sort. I have a couple in the past but they didn't  last long.

Rose Bud 🌹

EDITED : ( ONCE I SPOKE TO MY DOCTOR TODAY) Could be a few differnt things..I just noticed having a few spots of my own after 3.5yrs of never seeing anything and was told to come in for a check up with my Ostomy Doctor after I sent some pics to her. Better safe then sorry.Not to scare you ,but they could also be ulcers...I think mine from what I've seen and read(obvious you can't self diagnose yourself  or believe everything you read ,but 9 outta 10 times we know out bodies the best)...I believe what Ben 38 said it's common to get granulomas,but they do need treament to go away...my bleed a little and are only sore when I clean my stoma off....Better safe then sorry. TAKE CARE  🫂 

Ben38

Granulomas? they can be white or red if that's what they are  there harmless but can bleed a lot and get sore most are easily removed with silver nitrate, problem ones need a minor procedure to remove them....check the size of the hole in your wafer if it to big it can cause them and if hole is to small rubbing against stoma can too 

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister