Strange

Replies
Views
Hisbiscus

When I touch any cleaning chemicals or scented soaps etc.. anything really gasoline if it gets on my hand at the pump. I can literally taste and smell it. Also I have fragrance intolerance so it sets off a migraine and sinus.  I've looked it up and it is some kind of issue for some. Anyone else ever experience this? 

Also it seems to make its way to my pouch from of course using my hands to empty. And i rinse as well. Mighty strange symptoms. I meet with ENT next month and going to talk to him about it again. Last talk he felt maybe I had covid and did not know it and it could be long covid. I had 3 covid shots and it seems that is when strange crap started going on with me. Wondering if those shots have something to do with it. I've read autoimmune diseases can make people chemical sensitive. 

warrior

yes..no doubt you have something going on..very rare..i have a friend who is also very sensitive to fragrances and especially gasoline. he has to leave the area.

will speak to him abt it. there is a name to it. 

have u seen a dermatologist ?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,521 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

The technical name for what you have is called Tactile-Olfactory-Visual Synesthesia.  There's a variety of synthesia, but all are rather rare.  And if you think they know nothing about our gut............they know even less about synesthesia.  

;O)

CrappyColon

There’s a lot here so you might want to scroll to the one that is relevant to you. 

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/symptoms/24995-synesthesia

warrior

taste words? hear colors? 

gtfo. 😳

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

Guess my super power 😁

warrior
Reply to CrappyColon

i will raise your super power by speech reading as is mine. yur turn. bet or fold hon? ☺️

Hisbiscus
Reply to warrior

Yes but not about this just the skin cracking. I saw ENT as I do belive them and neurology handles it.let me know what your friend says. 

Hisbiscus
Reply to w30bob

I belive it

Hisbiscus
Reply to CrappyColon

Hi, yea i don't taste colors or words only chemicals, soaps, air freshners, perfume  things in that  that nature. Can you imagine tasting a word? Lol that must suck

Hisbiscus
Reply to w30bob

It's not actually visual becausec i can unknowly touch something that has something on it and it happens. Like for instance using a public soap dispenser in the restroom. I don't pay attention to what soap and bam it hits and I look and sure enough scented.

CrappyColon
Reply to Hisbiscus

I heard about a guy who could taste words… he broke up with one woman due to her name… it was Sandy/sandy 😝

(to anyone named Sandy my 😝 is not about your lovely name, it is the thought of sand in my mouth) 

CrappyColon
Reply to warrior

I told you to guess and you went and made it a competition 😆

AlexT
Reply to Hisbiscus

Especially depending on what word it is. 😁

Beachboy
Reply to Hisbiscus

Unless the word was.... chocolate

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Oh, this is way too easy..........it must be a trick or something.  I'll be quiet (for once)!

;O)

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

Could have been worse............her name could have been 'Poopie' !

;O)

Beachboy
Reply to w30bob

Boy, that's the word... was on the tip of my tongue...    Oh wait.....

warrior

her name was....Fanny.

☺️

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

What did you keep quiet for like 2 seconds?!

w30bob
Reply to CrappyColon

It was at least a minute.  I have a very loooooong attention span, obviously.  Look who I'm talking to about attention spans.......Oye-Vey!

;O)

CrappyColon
Reply to w30bob

Maybe one entire minute, maybe.  Excuse me, I’m going to go get distracted now. 

Hisbiscus

Haha you all are too funny. Tasting words? I can't even imagine.

IGGIE
Reply to CrappyColon

Very informative Jodie, we don't know even 10% of what our body or brain is capable of. Regards IGGIE

warrior
Reply to CrappyColon

no luv..i made it into a card game.

i guess u missed that.

poker.

i showed u my hand..  therefore u did not counter..

so..what is your super  power ??

w30bob
Reply to warrior

Don't........don't go there Bro...............

;O)

warrior
Reply to w30bob

hee hee ....am i a sucker for punishment?  going there? 

it will be quite entertaining i am sure of that..

Beachboy

BeachBoy wakes up.  Rubs his eyes, unsnarls his bag.  Grabs his........ phone.  A new, strange sensation tickles his tongue.  Tapping the screen, he can taste it...... closes his eyes..........hmmmmmmm yummy, just like bacon.

As he's tappin' & tastin'........feline eyes observe the bizarre scene.  Impatient, runs over and rakes his leg with a claw... she's on a mission.  "hell with the phone bacon...  it's Kibble time!"   

Wish

Hi, I'm a newby here, but thought I'd toss my thoughts your way... there is such a phenomenon as rapid changes to your olfractory (sense of smell) system when placed under and needing to endure heightened psychological stress. So, if this is something that recently developed and rapidly occurred, and the symptoms correlate with undue stress, it may just be your body's way of reacting to certain smells that might signal an incoming problem. 

By the way, on a positive note, research (and I can't point you to my source right now (:  ) has indicated that those individuals who have extremely sensitive olfractory systems  - they can smell it all - are generally at lowest risk for developing dementia. So that's a good thing, right? 

CrappyColon
Reply to Wish

Wooooo for no dementia!!! and welcome to you Wish :)