Supportive Ostomy Belts for Running and Workouts

Replies
Views
Flyella_Official
Mar 12, 2024 1:32 pm

Hello all, 

I am looking for a good ostomy belt that is supportive enough to run with. What are some belts that have worked well for you? 

I deal with intense pain in my abdomen from an injury. I still want to work out while I heal and try to get my life back. 

I appreciate the help. 

Hisbiscus
Mar 12, 2024 1:43 pm

My stoma nurse consulted with me and ordered me what she thought I'd need. You may want to consult as well for your specific situation so as not to hurt yourself.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,841 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

elwick
Mar 12, 2024 5:20 pm

Hi, I have been using belts made by a company in the UK called Sash Medical. They are made to measure and have served me well for over 15 years. Possibly you can get them or something similar in the US. If you Google the name, you can get all the details. Best of luck in your quest. Elwick

Beachboy
Mar 12, 2024 9:53 pm

Nu-Hope makes ostomy support belts. Lots of options are available. I use their 3 and 4-inch wide belts all the time. The 4-inch has a prolapse strap to gently push down my stoma. Makes my shirt bulge far less noticeable. Nu-Hope is located in Pacoima, Calif.

Axl
Mar 13, 2024 9:17 am

I have always used this, dirt cheap.

Ostomy Abdominal Belt Brace Waist Support Wear Abdominal Stoma Prevent Parastomal Hernia
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLGBmaE

Living with Your Ostomy | Hollister
IGGIE
Mar 13, 2024 3:16 pm
Reply to Axl

G'day Axl, do you wear this belt you're talking about? It looks like it could be too tight and not let the bag fill. I have looked at a few things, but they all restrict the flow into the bag. I am also in Victoria. Who was your surgeon? Regards, Iggie.

Axl
Mar 13, 2024 9:48 pm

Hello Iggie

I always wear it when weight training or working on something when I feel the need for some support around the site. It is a short-term thing, maybe 30 minutes. Obviously, not an option for long periods, but it's great for what I require. I also have the same one with a hole in it for the bag to pass through, which may be better for general wear, but I don't have the need to wear it. Surgeon Raaj Chandra also works in my town at the local hospital, so we catch up at colonoscopy time. Great fella.

aTraveler
Mar 14, 2024 8:37 am

Unfortunately, there is not one solution for all. It all depends on where your stoma is located. My stoma is pretty high above my waist. Therefore, a stretchable tee vest works fine for me. At the waist level, high-waisted boxers may be the way to go. At other heights, belts or tubes may be the way to go. To give you an idea, check out this site:

https://comfizz.com/collections/

Flyella_Official
Mar 14, 2024 1:02 pm
Reply to Hisbiscus

Thank you, will do.

Flyella_Official
Mar 14, 2024 1:16 pm
Reply to elwick

Thank you very much for your input.

Flyella_Official
Mar 14, 2024 1:17 pm
Reply to aTraveler