Hollister Flange 14203: Splitting Issues?

Replies
Views
bob.hewson

Hollister New Image 14203 57 mm Flange.

I have been using this flange for a few months and have had no problems, but yesterday after playing with my 2 1/2-year-old son, I felt wet to discover that the flange had split between the plastic retaining ring and the adhesive part. Not a big split but enough to allow a lot of waste to escape through the hole.

I will be commenting to Hollister about this fault in at least one flange, but has anyone else had any problems with this product.

Bob

Past Member

I have a different Hollister flange, #14608, but I had the exact same leak with one of them! Of course, in perspective, all the others have been fine. I guess anyone can get a stinker past quality control. If the company makes good on it for you, then all's well?

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,481 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

DH

I got free samples of the New Image Hollister flange 14202. I didn't have a problem with leakage, but after wearing the flange for a couple of days, I couldn't get the darn thing off. The barrier was glued to my skin. When I finally did get it peeled off, my skin was sore and irritated. I think I am going to stick with my one-piece unit.

Past Member

I use Hollister flange #14803 and it works well for me. It isn't perfect but I have tried some samples of others and found them less satisfying.

I do sleep on my side and probably do some other things that might not be so good. But I adapt as I must. A belt helps keep everything in place but I just don't like them.

josiesmom

I used to use Hollister 14803 but recently changed to Convatec because I was having so many problems with leakage. After calling Hollister to report my problems, CS referred me to their Ostomy Nurse. She sent me free samples in a smaller size but again all I had was leakage. Since changing to Convatec, I have been able to get 7-8 days before having to change the wafer again. Much better than sometimes less than 24 hours!

Getting Support in the Ostomy Community with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
toodie

I've just had the same blowout. Luckily, I was at home and caught it before it was too messy. I will be calling my Hollister rep this week. I've also had problems with the paper not peeling off the back of the flange. Drives me nuts!

Ocker

I had a tear in a Hollister flange (wafer) but it was my own fault. I just caught it slightly as I was passing through a doorway and it ripped a hole in the clear plastic under the retaining ring. Panic ensued for a brief while until I could cut a new flange and fit it before I leaked everywhere.
Also, I have had the odd occasion when the backing paper is hard to remove or separates into two pieces.