Tried New Foods Today

Posted by LovingLife2, on Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:20 pm
Hi, I had an Illeostomy done a yr ago and have been very careful in eating and
trying new foods, after reading a lot of threads I decided today to really try
some new foods, I didn't eat much, but I tried everything that I cooked for
the family so far all is going well....
had baked honey ham, mashed potatoes, yams, carrotts, a even a lil salad,
stayed away from the string beans thou. I only took a tablespoon of each thu,
was really afraid to take more, and a very sm. piece of ham.
I had sm. portions of each, and chewed chewed chewed. that was at 2pm, and its
now 11:15pm and all is going well so far... Man cann't tell ya how good it all
tasted. YAY........

Thanks for some great threads, that gave me the courge to try....

Thanks for the email Celeste, Iam a free member so couldn't email u back.

Reply by ZACK, on Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:05 am
This is Zack; new member trying to figure how all this works.  I've had my ileo since 1976.  I eat most anything except garlic or other gas producing foods that tend to "balloon" the pouch.  My late surgeon told me from the beginning to try whatever I liked; "if it makes you sick just don't do that again".  He was a great man who saved my life.  

I do believe it is a task to find the exact ostomy equipment that works for you and your life style.  I think many products are not suited to a very active person.

Reply by LovingLife2, on Tue May 19, 2009 5:18 pm
Hi Zack thanks for your comments   

Reply by Monsieur Le President, on Thu May 21, 2009 3:29 am
Couldn't agree more Zack, also the manufacturers should give plenty of notice if they are discontinuing a line.
I used a 16" Hollister one piece drainable bag for years & it had all the main points I required : large capacity, wide mouth for emptying, lugs to accept a belt, a large flange.
They then discontinued that model & it took a little time to find a suitable alternative, but I was traumatised at the thought of change to something that I ( and all of us ) totally rely on.
I now use Convatec Sensura, which are superb, but I can only get a two piece system which supports the use of a belt.
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.