Granulomas. Previous post in June refers

Replies
Views
jandap

Since my post about granulomas (in June - doesn't time fly), I have been diagnosed with PMR (Poly Myalgia Rheumatica) which is being treated with the steroid Prednisnolone.
The granulomas have all but gone!! And they were quite large. I had managed, after a lot of persuasion, to get a proctologist to see me with the aim of burning them off with a diathermy lance, but of course there was nothing for him to do - I felt a right fool. But in his letter to my GP; copied to me, he did say that it is Murphy's Law that they will return.
So it seems that a course of steroids can reduce or even dissipate granulomas.
I can now get on with my vastly improved life. I am on a constant high (Whee, hee) due to the steroids, have plenty of energy, have no pain, and free movement has been restored. A friend asked me how I was, my reply was, "It's almost worth having this ailment to feel so good"!
I do know though that PMR can take anything up to 2 years to resolve itself. "It comes when it wants to, and goes when it wants to," a fellow PMR sufferer said to me. I have joined a local support group and am receiving much enlightenment from them.
Hope this post is not too late, I recall being asked for a progress report.
Cheers.
Jandap

Bill
Hello Jandap,

Thanks for the update.  It is interesting that treament for one thing can have such a positive effect on another.   It's good to know that you are now progressing well.    

Best wishes    

Bill
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,366 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.