Help! Scar tissue won't stick - any solutions?

Replies
Views
gesi414

Does anyone else have problems with the skin barrier sticking to your scar tissue? If so, what seems to help? I can't get mine to stick for the life of me. Any ideas are very much appreciated.

LMS67

Skin Tac wipes or adhesive - everything sticks and feels much more secure -
I get mine from Edgepark. Good luck!

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,470 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

mooza

Hiya, I don't have my stoma pouch anywhere near my scar tissue, but I use Coloplast Sensura range and I'm happy with the sticking bit. Oh, and there is a new pouch on its way. Unfortunately, it's only a closed pouch so far. It's called Sensura Mio. Check it out. It's for scar tissue, hernias, etc. Give them a call. Remember, Sensura Mio. Good luck! I hope it's of some help, darlz. I can't wait for a drainable and shallow base plate. I'm going to try it as soon as I can. Coloplast range xxx.

StomaStan

I do have a similar problem, where the wafer/barrier sticks to my gut, the outer edge is right where my long scar is and where my belly resembles a set of butt cheeks, and it dips in quite a bit, but a good strip of strong tape usually takes care of it.

Past Member

I have always managed to place my pouch just away from any scar tissue, but in the past it was a problem for me. I learned over time to juggle how to place things, a bit hard too when your tummy divides into two and you don't recognize where your belly button is lol. Hope you find a way, gesie. Take care, ambies.

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
vulcanBMk2

Ambies! I've read those books "A Tale of Two Tummies" and "Does Anyone Recognize This Belly Button." Good holiday reading!!

hal k

We (my wife) had this problem, the best thing that worked was using a barrier wipe applied directly to the skin. It protects and allows the adhesive to stick. Then a small, round, flat (like a washer) ring seal that was sticky on one side placed around the stoma about an inch and a half. Then apply the wafer portion on top and to the skin. We have had no problems since. Let me know if you need the name of the items we use. Good luck!

Yukon steve
I am relitivly new at this as I had my Ostio in Oct 2011 and my surgen put my Stoma very close to the insision so I have had lots of problems. What I have found that works best for me so far is I put on the skin barrior and let it dry realy well then I do a second aplicationover the insision making shure that I get eavry nook and crany both times.
I sometimes get a tender spot so I cut the outer tape to go around it for a few days then put a small Telfa pad over the sore spot and tape it down till it heals.