Some New Stuff

In this discussion
Replies
Views
christiesdad
Thought I'd start some new stuff. Similar to the "trivia" thing we had going for a while, but different.

Guys, you know how when you try to use saran wrap, and it gets all tangled up? The ladies make it look so easy?

I found a little secret......

Before or after you tear it loose........sprinkle a few drops of water on it! Your fingers will slide right over it and seperate it. Try it!
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,089 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

southerngal
Thanks for the tip! I'm not one of the ladies who make it look so easy.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Lobster
it's called cling film here in the UK and I have long since given using the stuff! way too fiddly
christiesdad
OK,
Here's another dilima I have....
How the hell do you, on the last scoop, when making coffee, do you avoid sprinkling the coffee on the counter top!!!?
gutenberg
Well my good friend, I would suggest you go to the nearest Dollar Store where you can get an assortment of funnels and one of them should work, and the rest, hey you got your bucks worth, just chuck 'em, gute

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
christiesdad
Tomorrow morning I am going to get up at 5 am, instead of 5:30 and take the coffee pot and all the fixings out to the carport. Gonna spread a table cloth on the table, (an old one that I can throw away!) then place the filter in the center of the table and use an adequate amount of duct tape to stabilize it. then carefully count out 8 scoops and place them in a wide mouth quart jar. take one of the funnels that Gute suggested and tape it upside down to the jar. then ever so carefully attempt to pour the coffee grounds into the filter. If I can remove the duct tape without spilling the coffee, place the filter in the pot. Maybe, just maybe, I can get back in to the kitchen without tripping and to the counter top. As I am doing this, if successful, I know I will be grinnng my butt off...............My delima finally solved. I figure I can have my first cup by around 7 or 7"30 AM.

The table cloth? If this works, it will be a permanent fixture on my carport table!!
Primeboy

Sprinkling coffee on the counter top is actually not a problem but in fact a proper protocol, perhaps even a custom more honored in the observance, as Xerxes would insist, than the breach. Why's that? The Romans would always spill a few drops of fine wine before imbibing, never considering it a loss, but only a generous libation to the gods. Life would be so much simpler if we adjusted our mind-forged perceptions to fit our convenience. Right? nbsp; nbsp; nbsp; nbsp;PB
Xerxes
Well, we could run this up the flag pole and see if anybody salutes. Why not buy, albeit it is a bit more expensive, the premeasured envelopes that contain just the right amount of coffee. Just pop it in and bingo you have your coffee. Now after a while with this, let's say 20 years, you just might save enough from the retrieved lost coffee that you could invest in one of those Keurig single cup dispensers. Wow, absolutely no mess and fuss and no coffee lost. Hmmm a third possibility would be if either Mr. or Mrs. Christiesdad gets into the car at 5:00-5:30 am and drives to the local Starbucks or Duncan Donuts and buys the ready made java and brings it back home.I hope this helps with your coffee dilemma. Now for the saran wrap........

X_
christiesdad
You ain't even going to believe this

I got up this morning, staggered into my kitchen, flipped the coffee pot on and reached in the fridge for the coffee creamer. I could already smell that aroma of fresh coffee being brewed. By the time I landed the cups on the counter top for filling, it was ready to pour. As I finished pouring and picked up the cups for the tour to the table, horror of all horrors, THERE was about a dozen grains of coffee on the counter top.
I am now convienced that there are gremlins, (coffee gremlins) and I will continue the good fight to final victory.

HOORAH!!!