Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,178 members

Replies To The Bag...

Posted by The Bag, on Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:56 am
hey all you cool folks trying to chat with me i really appreciate your time in reading my brief story but i havent signed up for the membership. if we chit-chat itll have to be through this forum.
i would really like to talk with you folks and share some humor, tips,etc...

Reply by alligator, on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:43 am
Hello The Bag. How are you doing? I dont check this site often so, it may take some time for me to reply. Have a good day buddy.

Reply by G G, on Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:09 pm
  Hi The Bag,

I received your wink.  I haven't signed up for full membership yet, either.  Just found this site a couple of days ago.  If you do sign up be sure to send me an email.  The sun is shining and all is well in Monterey, CA.  I can hear the sea lions voicing their opinions and the birds are answering.  I just love it here--cold but beautiful.

Reply by The Bag, on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:08 pm
hey alligator & GG... good to read ya folks. i just signed up the other day myself. dont think ill go all out for the membership. im sure we can talk w/ one another this way just fine.   just wanting to talk to folks in my shoes. like ive told family and friends, i dont want people to feel sorry for me i just want them to understand how things are a little different for me ( and everybody else ) i have nothing but support from family and friends and that is just priceless.
hey ive got a good question for you both and anybody else reading this. bathing? i dont want to get to personal but do you folks shower everyday w/ The Bag? see heres my problem right now well just a small obstacle. i also have a suprapubic tube what this is a cathater but not the traditional one your thinking its been installed in the pubic area. doc doesnt want any activity in the front or back which is for life. all the sticky stuff will not last when exposed to water as you know so my favorite passtime of being in the sun and soakin up rays is a nono. the P tube as i call it for short is more of a problem than anything you guys might not be able to relate to this but still having The Bag do you bath in a shower daily? im sure once i get rid of the P tube in sept. ( hopefully ) and only have to deal w/ The Bag maybe ill grow a set and venture in to this. nothing like a shower tho when its change day. sleeping on my stomach is out im a stomach sleeper so its been a challenge but i have beaten that. controlling what i eat before i leave the house so that i dont have to look for a bathroom. you can relate. this box is running out room so ill cut it off now. look forward to reading your replies. OSTOMATES RULE!!!

Reply by JayJay, on Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:34 pm
I have worn a "Bag" since Jan 16. I get in the shower the same as I used to and don't worry about getting it wet. I take a shower about every day with the "bag" on. Also get in the shower to change the wafer(barrier) and wash off everything before putting on the new wafer. I at first had trouble with the wafer starting to peel from the outside edges so started putting a strip of tape(one that "breathes) on all four edges, then just replace the tape if it starts peeling. Have not tried to go swimming yet but think it would work alright.

Reply by The Bag, on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:58 am
howdy... thxs 4 the info. ive also heard a  hairdryer on low could be a help after wards as well.
im sure i will experiment as i will have the rest of my born days to do so.
talk to some time soon...
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.