Gun Shocker

In this discussion
Replies
Views
gutenberg
With all the news about the tragedy in Colorado, an article on our national online News world, I came across these pictures of guns that caught my attention. The gist of the story was these guns the shooter used are available and legal in Canada, and this really caught my attention. First the shotgun, OK, I could understand that one but the others, machine gun and pistol, the machine gun was small caliber and used for varmints, apparently the bullet is just slightly larger than the old .22 Cooey I used to hunt rabbits and squirrels with, now this gun is restricted here but legal, I think the difference would be in the paperwork and background checks and the pistol was in the same category, restricted but legal and I think the magazine had to be the small one, and the real shocker was a person could get a carry license, of course only after a lengthy security check, but I wasn't aware this could be done in Canada and I should have known better because about 15 years ago I was at work and I got a call from one of the RCMP officers that I knew and after a few minutes chat he tells me, i guess if your here you couldn't be the guy who was pulled over out west in Manitoba with a gun registered in my name, he also had my social insurance No., along with my birthday and my wife's birthday and SIN, but the hell of it is I'd bet if I tried to buy a pistol today I'd never get one even though I was cleared of any and all charges. Turns out the guy they had stopped just got out of prison and just happened to be my old next door neighbor and I remembered he was two days younger than me so he had my birthday for a start in his quest to get hold of a gun. This province I live in has the highest number of gun deaths per capita in Canada, there's no problem for criminals getting guns, and on a couple of well publicized police raids around here just blew my mind, the massive amount of guns confiscated, so now there's a big push on to stop gun violence in our province, sure wish them luck on that. I know I could write the ending for that project today and it will be the same 10 years from now. And so ends my babble for today, take care all, Ed
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

christiesdad
Not babble Ed,

check out the other post that we have been having on gun control and toss in your idea, as well.
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gutenberg
Thanks for the invite CD, but I fear it would be an excercise in futility, 'cause to my way of thinking the very first thing that would have to be done is to remove all guns from all criminals, and I do mean FIRST, and only after that could we sit down and have a discussion, and this would have to be in force before law abiding citizens felt comfortable to even have a civil discussion. And now, I ask you, can you see this happening in our lifetime? Take care old buddy, Ed, er, Gute