I'm looking for someone piece convexity ostomy bags

In this discussion
Replies
Views
carebear422001

I'm needing some one-piece drainable ostomy bags with convexity if anyone has any that they don't need. I've been wearing a convexity drainable pouch for years and now Arkansas Medicaid tells me that they will not pay for it anymore, well actually all of the companies around here have stopped taking Arkansas Medicaid because they won't pay enough for them to make money, which I understand, but what am I supposed to do? Arkansas Medicaid is all that I have and I won't qualify for Medicare until I'm 62 years old. I've got awhile to go, I'm only 41 at the time. From what I hear though, Medicare isn't much better about paying for ostomy supplies either, but I'll worry about that later. I've had my ileostomy since 9/11/2001 because I had ulcerative colitis they thought turned out to be Crohn's also, and now I've developed a condition called gastroparesis where my stomach is paralyzed and can't digest food, so I'm on tube feedings 24/7 and nauseated 24/7 just like being pregnant. I'm so tired of fighting with these companies and getting nowhere fast. I asked one today if I got a letter stating why I needed the convexity pouch, if they would provide it, and I was told no, so I'm desperately looking for somewhere to get some pouches that I can wear. Because I have Medicaid, I don't think Ostogroup will help me, but I'm going to contact them anyway. If you've read this far, thanks for listening. I just needed to come to a place where I knew I would be understood.

Tina aka carebear422001

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

sweede
Hi Tina,

If it don't rain it pours huh, no worries lass, i think i may be able to help you out for just now, my name is Steve and run a foundation for ostomates http://www.thelifegoesonfoundation.org.uk/ which amongst other things, sends donated ostomy supplies to disadvantaged ostomates throughout the world.

question: what size is your stoma?

I have recently moved all the stoma supplies into a new shed/office in the garden and most of the supplies are unsorted in shipping cartons, but what i do have to hand right now, for they have just been donated only yesterday is 60 Salts Confidence Gold Convex drainable pouches, http://www.saltsstomacare.co.uk/products/ileostomy/1-piece-drainable/confidence-gold-convex-soft-and-secure.aspx the only thing is that they are factory pre-cut to 35mm, so if your stoma is 35 mm or larger, i can pop all 60 into a jiffy bag and mail them over to you courtesy of the foundation. They also have a built in clip instead of the velco you see in the link.

That any good to ya lass?

If so then they are yours, if not i'm sure i have other convex drainable pouches kicking around, it will just take a few days to go through the pallets i have.

Oh by the way!! i also have about another 80 pouches same make and style except they are per-cut to 38mm and have 2 plastic tabs at 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock to attatch a stoma belt too,also with a built in clip they any good to you?

*update*

A half ton pallet arrived this morning, on exploring, i discovered that there are quite a few makes and sizes of one piece drainable convex pouches arrived, most/but not all are precut to different sizes, so if you give me your stoma size and the make that you used to get, then i'll see if i have the exact ones you need, if not i will mail you some that have similar fexibility/shape/style if possible.

Anyway tina, get back to me lass.

P.s. i think i may have sent you an email earlier, did you get it?
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
weewee

I was told to also call all the companies that give out supplies. Also, they have programs that can help you. You can also write to your governor and tell them what Medicaid has done. Send a note from the doctor that says you need these, and don't stop writing. He will get tired of your letters. Good luck.

weewee

I am sorry, I forgot all about the get together in New Orleans.
The UOAA conference in New Orleans in early August. Contact the UOAA and ask how long it's going to be.
Where? I don't know.

angie.h
Hi there,

I know I'm from another country but the company I use, I think, is worldwide. They're called Fittleworth .... www.fittleworth.com

Good luck. Angie

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister