Healthcare Workers' Discomfort with Ostomies: A Widespread Issue?

Replies
Views
LadyHope
Hi Idowanna,

I really don't know about colostomies as I have an ileostomy due to UC. Why aren't the docs offering some explanation as to why you are experiencing what you are experiencing? How about seeing another doc, maybe as a second opinion or go directly to the ER with your concerns. The ER doc may be able to offer some information as to why this is occurring three months after surgery. I would bring my chart or any paperwork that I may have too pertaining to output. I may be tempted to use the internet, but it seems I gather the "worst case" information rather than the simple "this could be why" information. Good luck and keep posting. Maybe someone with a colostomy has had a similar experience and will reply. LH
Past Member

Hello. I am due for a reversal in about 6 months (Stage 3B Rectal Cancer). I am experiencing "phantom dumps", which means things are still working back there. I have gotten used to my "baggage". I see it as I now have baggage to carry around everywhere I go. I named mine Jake.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.