Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,240 members

What's your talent

Past Member
Posted by Past Member, on Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:24 am
whats your talent??? i have talked to several members who make things.
i think this would be an interesting topic, so if you do and want to show off your talent
post a few photos in this thread....any interest??

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:36 pm
Awesome work, MMSH !  That really is beautiful leather work.  Interesting that you would ask about talents as I just opened a shop today on Etsy.  Check it out.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7776174   If this link doesn't take you directly there, let me know.  I'm still learning the ropes on that site.  It's Green Horse Workshop, cause that's what I am: a green horse.  You Kentucky people know all about that horsey stuff, don't cha?
Cheers, Lisa
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:23 am
hey lisa, the link worked for me....equally impressive work.

now how about some more people.....elzie...i know you make guitars.......can we see some of them??
Reply by lottagelady, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:41 am
Hi, when feeling up to it I restore and paint tatty pieces of furniture and sell on eBay, (some have gone as far afield as France and Belgium), gives me a sense of achievement as I'm no longer able to work. Generally stick to the smaller pieces nowadays as unable to lift and shift. Prefer old unique character pieces (bit like myself!). Just cannot seem to load any pics, tried twice and message just disappears!

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:49 am
sounds interesting, would love to see a before and after photo of your restoration . if you want, send me the photo and i will try to post them for you. are you useing a photo hosting service such as www.photobucket.com   ???

ok, awsome work rachel.

Last edited by Past Member on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:14 pm
I make guitars. Every aspect of each guitar is completely unique to the individual that it is built for, from position of knobs to woods chosen for sound.

Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 pm
ok, now lots of people can play them....but i bet not many can build them.... cool
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:48 pm
I should've mentioned that I am a bass player for 31 years now. I've played too many clubs from Boston to Nashua to even remember! Ahhhh, good times. Also spent a lot of time in studios laying down tracks. Those were the days. I had hair, made good money and had lots of women.

Great, now i'm bummed out..... ;')
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:19 am
ah...lots of hair and women......yes, bitter sweet memories of the 1970`s are flooding over me right now!!!! but look at the bright side....now you have EXPERIENCE!!!! and experience is a mighty handy thing to have my friend.
Reply by tarababy, on Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:30 am

Hey guys...well I love to crotchet .(hope thats how its spelt).. And I make blankets,lots and lots..The one you see here was started when I was pregnant with my daughter..1986-she was born 87...it was with cotton,not wool...it was to be for her when she was born.So,it didnt need to be too big.But, just like me..it kept getting bigger and bigger.It got put away for years...Then finally after my surgery..I got back into it....Finished it(now the size of a queen-size bed) and now I'm giving it to my grandson,with my girls wishes..It would have to be the longest in-progress- blanket I have ever done..Never sold any,always just gave them to people...Can remember a little old lady who came to my primary school to teach home economics... taught me how to crotchet...tried to teach my daughter..lmao...nah...not a good teacher it seems..
Oh and hey..Mr G? can you see what I did? I got a pic on here ..either I'm getting cleverer.(lol).. or P.C getting dumber...I'm happy...
Past Member
Reply by Past Member, on Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:14 am
bravo miss T, i knew you would !!! nice work too..
* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.