Rectal Discharge

In this discussion
Replies
Views
dulcimerman
Many thanks to Highlander 15 and Bill on this subject, I think I will have to call the ET nurse and get some info as it's getting worse and lots of muck coming out... It is worrying as it should only be mucus. I will keep you all up to date when I get any more info. Meanwhile, take care and a big grateful thank you. Jim
Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

cmdcwc

I had my colon removed in 2003 due to UC; an ileostomy in 2010, a few stomal revisions, and then in 2012, because of a parastomal hernia, we moved my stoma from the right to the left. All during the first 2 years, I had constant leakage from my rectum, to the point where I was hospitalized for three days and every test was run. My colon-rectal doctor could not determine why I was having bowel coming out of my rectum (not just mucus). One day while teaching, I had a stream of bowel that hit the floor in front of my class. My bag filled up normally. So, during the parastomal hernia repair, I had my rectum and anus removed. I hate my ileostomy, but removing the rectum and anus was the best decision I made. The recovery from that surgery hurt less than three episiotomies and a C-section. I wouldn't even use the word "hurt." I was given a pillow to sit on, which I only needed for three weeks. I'm not sure what procedure was used although I have the medical records. I just know that where the opening used to be, it was all stitched up and it's like I never had an opening. It never causes me pain, and if someone passes gas, they can't blame me! That part of my surgery was probably the easiest thing I've ever had done.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate