Need some advice

In this discussion
Replies
Views
FreddyBoy

After having my Ileostomy surgery 17 years ago I was sure that I would be together with the person I love. For whatever reason it didn't work out. I broke off the relationship and move out. I need to get back to work and she was against it. A lot of my friends came to rescue telling me I had to move on. That after six years of hiding in my home trying to besupportive of my girlfriend fighting PTSD. That I did my best to help here. But I also was on so much pain medicine I really didn't someone to help me get off the drugs. At the same time I was helping my aunt by driving her to and from the hospital for cancer treatment. And between the drugs,my aunt and the women I love. She wouldn't leave the house and wanted to just stay in the house. I believe if it was for the fentanyl patch and her not wanting any help. I wouldn't have left. But I got of all pain medicine and now I just want a normal life and someone to enjoy it with who will except me with a ilestomy. It's really a hangup that I need to overcome. I then to want to meet some with the stay concern. But it really shouldn't matter. I'm still the fun loving guy. Who has a bag and a talking belly. I keep looking for the special lady.

All the best,

Fredric

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,095 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

bluejewel

FreddyBoy,

You have to do what is good for your life. Being codependent it not healthy for either of you. You are making the right strides. Do not give up. Life is a challenge in itself without the extra challenge of a Ostomy, but a good life can be had if you just keep trying and I am hoping we all will be blessed with the life we want.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
chet8625

And that's the issue. Not your bag, not what else you have had to deal with. You can talk to a lot of people here who will tell you that they have special people in their lives for whom a bag is not an issue and you can find someone like that. But if you think you can't overcome that issue, you will never find the right person.

Go out and meet people. Show them what you are like in terms of personality and when it gets serious, explain your bag. If they bail, what kind of person were they to begin with???

Zywie

Hi Fred,

Just read your profile. Excellent. I'm sure there are plenty of women looking for a guy like you. There's plenty of advice on this site about the very same thing you are asking. So I suggest you take an hour or two and sit down and read the forum. Hell, you've tackled your illnesses, had the courage to leave an unhealthy relationship, overcame drug addiction - I ;think you'll figure out this dating thing when you are really ready to do it. Except, if you ;think anything like me the word dating gives me the shivers at this stage in my life. Somebody on here said something about kissing a lot of toads before you find your prince. I don't want to kiss a lot of toads. So I'm staying in my ivory tower.

I hope you find some answers you are comfortable with and you find your princess soon. Best wishes!

Z

FreddyBoy

Hello young Lady,
As you said we then to under estimate our own abilities to handle the toughest of obstacles. But when it comes to dating it's not just confidence it's a comfort level of dating somebody who truly understands that we have certain needs that need to be addressed at times. Not all the times but it can be turn off the Sun into others it really doesn't define who we are. Part of me would like to hold an event for us to be patience here in Chicago so people could meeon a social  on a social basis. But I find this is only 63 people and it's awkward when you send texts out to people they really don't get to know you till they meet you and I understand what's in your heart and soul. And that two people together become so much stronger to work at their goals and what makes him happy and enjoy their hobbies together. I hope we both fine the right person that can appreciate ate sense of humor. And our ability to support each other in work or exploring all the world has to offer. If anyone single in Chicago the ones that help me set up for social gathering for the Midwest just let me know. All the best to you and anyone else who reads this. I'm looking for the right person to get my motor going. Love and kisses all the best wishes

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister