Is it safe to indulge in spicy foods?

Replies
Views
danieldore

Dating? No, lol. I have been with my girlfriend since I was 15 and I am 24 in Feb, hahaha.

And if I was dating, if I told someone and they went off me, then I knew they would not stand by me through good and bad...best you know before you fall in love...can't get hurt if only dating.

lovelessdiamond

I do

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,472 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Ewesful

I ended up in the ER for many hours with a very serious reaction in the stoma --- I just met with the stoma nurse this week for something else and was cautioned again about spices. I have an ileostomy but I imagine the tissue is still affected in a stoma....

Newbie Dana

I grew up as a little Cajun gal, eating all sorts of spicy food. After healing up from my ostomy, I slowly reintroduced all those foods I was used to, including full-spice Cajun dishes. No problems. I guess it depends more on what your system is already used to. I wouldn't push it if you are concerned, and I wouldn't do it every day, but don't let fear hold you back from enjoying your old favorites when you feel like it.

And yeah, the whole gas thing causes me much more grief than spicy foods!

Percy

I eat spicy food and just need to be prepared for runnier than normal stuff. The biggest concern is the funky smell. I can clear a building after eating spicy food or seafood! I found some stuff made by a medical supply dealer that helps like a miracle!

Staying Hydrated with an Ostomy with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
walderpeee

What is the name of it - and where do you get it?

Percy

It's called Devrom from Parthenon Medical Supplies. They're based in Utah. I just order online. They have both capsules and chewable. I just do the chewable - seems to work better for me. Don't know how I ever got along without them!

Past Member

I really love Indian food. Do you hear that the food is very spicy? If you eat a moderate amount of spicy food, it is even good for your health :)

stickfloatdave

I was told when I first got my stoma thirteen years ago to eat and drink whatever you fancy.

And believe me, I do: hot curries, alcohol, beer, wine, cider haha, even the dreaded sweetcorn.