ConvaTec - Bathing
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Me+ Join Today

Dating with an ostomy or J-pouch

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate
17,271 Members
Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:57 pm

Hi, 

I feel like it would be easier to date someone who can understand where you are coming from health wise. I had an ostomy and now have a j-pouch so I know both sides. 

I live in Las Vegas and there seem to be no young people who live here with the same medical issues as I have.

Ty

Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:11 pm

Hey there Ty!

I totally get where you are coming from. I feel the same even though I have been incredibly lucky with the guys in my life thus far. My ostomy has not been an issue on any level in any of the past relationships I've had. I can't imagine what it's like for people who have actually had horrible experiences with judmental people. Just know there ARE people out where who do not care!! Or even better, people who do care, but in a positive way! Think about the situation reversed, I'm sure you'd be kind and understranding to others in your situation? Anyway, I don't have the premium version or full access or whatever to this site, but I'd love to ask you some weird personal questions... haha gosh that sounds so creepy. But I am in the transition right now of getting a J-pouch. I've had my ostomy for two years, and just this January had the first step surgery to create my J-pouch. I have my stoma take down final surgery sometime in the beginning of May.. I can't wait to not have to deal with ostomy pouch products, but I'm nervous of all the changes again! I know I'll make it work, getting my ostomy was not a planned thing, so having time to think about this is almost worse! I have so many questions. Anyway, if you're open to talking and maybe sharing a little of your experience I'd really love to!! I think maybe you can just reply here? Again, not super sure how this site works messaging wise..

Thanks!

And, p.s. you'll do great with relationships! Don't worry:)

-Savannah

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.