Rash Under My Bag

Replies
Views
Booters

Does anyone think that a rash can form under the bag because it's being tugged at from a hernia?

dadnabbit

Booters, honestly I don't know but it seems tugging would cause discomfort from tightness and a rash is usually the result of some outside interference like an allergy or leak. I have had a rash around the stoma, and crusting works for many folks, but I myself use Anasept from Anacapa Technologies. It can be found on jet.com. I receive nothing from the company for passing along this data, but this stuff kills bacteria like C. diff and MRSA and nothing else on the market does that. I use the gel when I change set up, applying it on the rash and allowing it to sit for a moment before making sure it is all rubbed in or wiped off before using a barrier wipe for adherence of the wafer/bag. If I need a clean up, I use the Anasept in spray form, allowing it to dry before continuing.

Good luck.

Peace.

Nancy.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,319 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

I had the same thing and talked to my nurse about it. She said that was because of moisture between the bag and my skin which will cause a fungus like athlete's foot. I take a shower every day so she said make sure I use a hair dryer to dry the bag and the wafer.

So here is what I do. Every day I place a dry bag on. Meaning the first day everything is new. The second day when I take a shower I rinse out the bag and let it dry for the next day replacing it with one I already rinsed out. Each bag will be used twice. Make sure you blow dry the wafer.

I also used athlete's foot powder to help get rid of the rash. Since I'm putting a dry bag on daily after my shower I don't seem to have this problem anymore. Also, it does help to use the panties that have a pouch at least in the summer to help with moisture.

I hope this helps!

Sis1949