Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates 20,232 members

Having a reversal done soon

Posted by Bagface, on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:05 pm

Guywithabag-Forgot to mention that when I was being prepped for surgery, I had written "For Sale" on my bag with a black magic marker! So glad to be rid of that thing!

Reply by Puppyluv56, on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:11 pm

Too funny bagface! I know you are Glad to be rid of that thing! Pretty sure the demand is low for your used bag! Lol

Pup

Reply by Angelicamarie, on Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:33 pm
GuyWithABag... Good Luck!
Reply by Bagface, on Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:33 am

Puppyluv- Yeah, nobody made an offer!

Reply by GuyWithABag, on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:05 am
Raidergrl wrote:

I feel your concern because I had a colostomy bag operation last August 2018.  I had a colonoscopy last November and my surgeon ordered a barium enema which I had done last week.  In early March I have an appointment with my doctor to find out the test results and whether I have enough colon left for reversal surgery.  I'm scared because I've read that end colostomy bag surgery reversal is complicated and there are a lot of risks involved.  I have a very good surgeon yet so many things can go wrong.  I guess I just have to have faith in him.  The rest of my life is on the line!  I hate this bag but is reversal surgery going to be worse?  I don't know how people voluntarily fast!  I hate fasting and only do it when I'm required to for tests, etc.  Maybe because I didn't eat for 10 days in the hospital last August.  I'm only 90 lbs and have always been small but not his small.  I had to gain eight pounds before my doctor would even consider the reversal surgery.  Why is voluntary fasting so important?  I just eat several very small meals a day.  Not implementing fiber into my diet in the first place is what put me in this situation in the first place.  When this is all over, a healthy diet with fiber will be my life, not fasting.  Good luck to you when the time comes for your surgery.

Hi Raidergrl...

I was curious. What was the verdict? Hopefully you are a candidate for reversal.

Peace,

Reply by GuyWithABag, on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:19 am
Bagface wrote:

Guywithabag-Forgot to mention that when I was being prepped for surgery, I had written "For Sale" on my bag with a black magic marker! So glad to be rid of that thing!

Bagface... that's funny. I left my stoma cap on, purposely. ($75.00) Knowing that the surgery staff would toss it, I wrote non-recyclable. My sister is an O.R. nurse at this hospital, (not in on my surgery) and she heard about it from her colleagues. One must maintain a sense of humor, especially in times like this.  Peace

Reply by Bagface, on Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:36 am

Guywithabag-You're so right about the sense of humor! I like yours, too!

Reply by Bagface, on Sat May 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Raidergirl-How did you make out with your reversal?

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or Twitter accounts, or phone number. These will be removed by the Administrator.