Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - EASE Strips
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.
Meet and talk to 19,950 OstoMates.

Irrigation

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:07 pm

Is anybody out there also irrigating? I don't see too many people. 

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:17 pm

Hi.  I have colostomy since October 2018.  I just started irrigation 2 weeks ago and it is working just great

Advertisement
ConvaTec - OstoMySecrets
Advertisement
ConvaTec - Accessories
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:02 pm

yes, i have been irrigating for many years. its a wonderful tool to help you get back a normal, active lifestyle. i hope you will consider trying it if you qualify. be sure to ask your doctor or stoma nurse if you can.

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:49 pm

Yes. Started irrigating last June. Makes a huge difference in your life. No more leak worries or having to find a bathroom to empty your pouch! Highly recommend!

Puppyluv

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi.

Irrigation is the best thing  that you can do.

Take your time and enjoy it. Remember that what's not inside can't come out.

John

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:13 pm

I started irrigating a few months ago, it has helped massively with my day to day life, I thoroughly recommend it. 

Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:09 pm

Pabs, 

Really glad it is working out for you! It is life changing! Hope you have it all worked out with the right supplies for you. I started with the Convetec supplies and tried to change to the Coloplast Cone and it was not good for me! The shape of it allowed way to much water to splash back and actually fail to irrigate. Had to change back! That is okay cause I had some. All is good now! 

What are you using for your two piece pouch? Irrigation’s bag? 

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:14 pm

I just received the product to start Irrigation. Have you tried yourself?

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:18 pm

I use the Dansac irrigation kit

Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:23 pm

I have not heard of that one Pabs. Hope it is working well. I thought I needed the temperature gauge in the Coloplast but really don’t need it. Apparently temperature is not that important except that you don’t get the water too hot. Pretty sure we would if it was! Lol

pup!

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:11 pm

Hi pup, it must be a UK brand? I don’t have temperature gauge either, I try to imagine the water is my blood and gauge how hot I estimate it that way 😂 

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:46 pm

I'am  fairly new to this,  So would someone  explain what Irrigation is, How it is done  etc.  I have a colostomy

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:11 pm

Hi. I’m fairly new to this as well. First you should talk to your doctor to see if you can irrigate.  You can ask your stoma nurse to assist you or I walked myself through by watching YouTube.  There are many resourced here as well. 

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:14 pm

Little Red, 

irrigation is to be done with a Colostomy only. If you have an ileostomy, you would not be able to irrigate! It is a process of inserting water into your stoma and attaching  an irrigation sleeve, you can sit on the toilet and do it with the end of the sleeve just above the water line of the toilet. Once you put in so much water, it all comes back with all the poo that was there as well. It allows you to wear just a cap instead of a pouch. It is a lot of freedom! You don’t have to go looking for a bath room to empty a stinky pouch! Depends on your lifestyle and they freedom you want!

hope this helped

puppy 

* Please, do not post contact information like email, Facebook or MySpace account, or phone number. It will be removed by the Administartor.