Ostomy Wraps

Replies
Views
coldwarvet

Anyone here used a wrap? If so, would like to know what you liked or disliked about them. Haven't used one but am looking at using one, especially for swimming.

Puppyluv56

Hi Vet,

Thank you for your service! I have not used a wrap but swim every day in my pool and in the Caribbean several times a year. I have no problems with adhesive on my pouch or anything else by just wearing a bathing suit. There are Brava strips you can use if you feel you need extra protection. It has not changed my wear time of 10 days+-.

I would suggest using the little sticky that comes in your pouch boxes over your filter, if you use a filter. The filter works for such a short period anyway. Maybe it doesn't really matter. I have never had anything come out of it pronto it from pool or ocean water.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,356 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

xnine

I use a tummy sleeve from a maternity shop. I do not like my bag hanging out at the beach or anywhere for that matter. It may cause some pancaking, but by that time, it is time to change anyway. They do have higher-waisted swimming suits. I have not tried them but might be an option.

Riva

Hi. Living in Florida, so pool and ocean are regular activities. I alternate between wraps from Ostomy Secrets or Stealth Belt. Stay hydrated and enjoy. Best of luck.

sparks

I have found that the pouch is not as deep as the classic briefs. Good for sleeping though.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
bryancohnracing

I wear an ostomy sleeve/wrap 24/7. I also wear a fitted hernia belt except when I sleep. The wrap is the best thing ever! I cannot stand to have my bag unsupported. I bought 4 of the silly things and rotate them every couple of days.

Try one, you'll love it!