Need advice for stoma skin irritation - help!

Replies
Views
christielou

Call or email all the different companies and get your free samples. I did that and that is how I found the Coloplast product.

Chaz88

I had the same issue. I had to use a Convatec large (4in.) "Cohesive seal". I put the Hollister barrier over top and center of the large (I can't stress this, they're not the smaller ones that simply just cover the base of the stoma) cohesive seal. Then I just trim away the excess Hollister barrier/flange. Let me know if this helps, truly, I had the same exact problem.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,478 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

nwcurtis

Make a paste from Desitin and Nystatin, which you'll need a prescription.

Axl

Huge amount of replies here but I'll throw in what I use sometimes if I get any irritation.

Spray on liquid barrier dries in 20 seconds or so.

https://www.3m.com.au/3M/en_AU/company-au/all-3m-products//3M-Cavilon-No-Sting-Barrier-Film-28mL-Spray-Bottle-3346E/?N=5002385+8711017+3291808852

Axi

Little Red

I have been using the Cavalon spray for a while now around my colostomy stoma.   And I have started to itch and a red irritated area around my pouch.   I think I may have developed an allergy to it.   So I am going to try other   protective   things.   But I loved the spray   it is so easy to use.

Words of Encouragement from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister