Two Babies in a Mother's Womb

Replies
Views
iMacG5

One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?”

The other replied: “Why of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will ask later.”

“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”

The second said, “I do not know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we cannot now understand.”

The first replied, “that is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”

The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we will not need this physical cord anymore.”

The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover, if there is life, then why has no one ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”

The second responded, “Well, I do not know, but certainly we will meet mother and she will take care of us.”

The first said, “Mother? You actually believe in mother? That’s laughable. If mother exists, then where is she now?”

The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of her. It is of her that we live. Without her this world would not and could not exist.”

The first said, “Well I do not see her, so it is only logical that she does not exist.”

The second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive her presence, and you can hear her loving voice calling down from above.”

-Pablo Luis Molinero (Originally written in Spanish - this is not an ‘official’ translation)

xnine

Interesting.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,358 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

w30bob

In general it's pretty hard to find similar constructs ;to religion..........that's a pretty good one, as it touches all the key areas.

I wonder when it was written........ie, how old ol' Pablo is. Might have to look him up later.

thanks Mike!

bob

Bill

Thanks for posting Mike, It was a useful reminder that we don't know what we don't know, even if we think we do.

Best wishes

Bill