Ileostomy Overlap

In this discussion
Replies
Views
LandoLando

I had a question yesterday. I had my first ostomy overlap. I rushed to the E-R and my intestine was out, not all of it but some of it. So they passed me to a room where they were about to check my intestine and without me noticing it, my intestine retracted itself back into its place. But back to my question, I wanted to go out and skate. But since my intestine was like that, I wanted to know from someone if it's okay for me to go out and do jumps, but also be careful at the same time. If anyone can reach out to me quickly, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,099 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

warrior

Hi, I could see the cause for alarm with intestine popping out. How far or exactly how much of it did expose itself? Mine usually just pops out about an inch. This happens when I change the wafer or skin barrier. But during the day without my noticing it, I am sure it pops in and out like a turtle head. If the case is a small prolapse like mine, I do not feel it's anything to worry about but to go to ER and you said not all of it was extended really has me worried.. like it's alive. A freakin alien. In that case where it is extended, I see no reason to aggravate it anymore until it goes back to normal.. I know you're not talking about doing jumps with it hanging out like that. Surely that would create an emergency. So when it retracts to normal, I see no reason to hold back from activities.. But do note. Have some support.. Are you using a belt?? Wrap?? Anything to keep it in place. Haven't seen you on here so will check your profile since you needed a speedy reply. Good luck. Roll on. Safely.

Oh, I just checked your profile young man. Welcome. I sincerely hope you try to fill the profile out more so people can accommodate your questions. Just saying you like music is a start.. But.. The type of system you use would help.. When did you get it, why... Stuff that will help us help you, dig? Don't be shy.. There's nothing to be ashamed of or embarrassed by. We are all in the same boat.. And in case you haven't seen other posts, they are eye-opening topics and answers.. So I welcome you. And hope you can contribute some more information about yourself. Later dude.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
w30bob

Yeah, and it's a pretty damn big boat. More like an Ark!

:O)

Bob

LandoLando

Hey, thanks a lot for the advice. I decided to call my doctor and he sorted things out :) and yeah! I will fill out my profile a little bit more and I will for sure use this site more. I would like to meet more people like me. :)

Thanks again!