Naan Bread and Ostomy: Does it affect output?

Replies
Views
w30bob

So Tick..........have you tried the Naan again to verify if it is what caused your thickened output? I've been trying all kinds of things but have come to the conclusion that the only way to thicken output when you have SBS is to take motility meds, eat, and then don't drink anything. THAT will thicken it up........until you can't stand your thirst anymore and drink. But curious to hear if you've discovered a magic bullet.

Regards,

Bob

Tickpol

Yeah, unfortunately I think the naan bread was just a shock to the system thing. At this point, I'm thinking hooking up to an IV daily is how it's going to be for a very long time.

There is a drug that is supposed to really do the trick, but since I already have prostate cancer, it's not a viable option. A side effect of the drug is to speed up the production of "abnormal" cells. So that kills that option.

I just got a sample pack of Convatec wafers and pouches. One of the samples they sent is this monster that terminates in a tube and cap. I'm wondering if I hooked it up to a tube and collector if it might be perfect for a full night's sleep. The bad news is that the wafer is not compatible with smaller, daytime pouches, so you'd blow through two wafers and pouches every day.

Dave

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,468 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Past Member

Whenever I feel like I "need" pizza, I use two of the small rounds of Naan with some sauce and whatever is lying around in the fridge that I can tolerate and pile on the mozzarella. It's really satisfying. But it doesn't change my output (except tomato sauce is a gas producer for me.).

W30 Bob, your daily diet is ummmm interesting!

Homie With A Stomie NS

Hi Ticpol, could be just this time same foods reacted differently.... Rice is a thickener...

Each output is a mystery for me even if I eat the same foods, etc.... Your body takes over