Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships

Peanuts

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:16 am
This is a great community. Consider joining.

I love peanuts. But peanuts hate my stoma. Twice i have been into hospital to be unblocked. I know I'm stupid. But forbidden fruit, as they say. Are there any other ostimates that suffer from other food. I'm sure there are. 

These are the top 5 issues ostomates face:

1. Dating and relationships
2. Concealing the pouch
3. Foods to eat and avoid
4. Losing or gaining weight
5. Pouch ballooning

Check out this video from MeetAnOstoMate.
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 pm

I have no problems with peanuts - just makee sure you chew them down very well.

Past Member
Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:33 pm

Hi,

I don't either, just corn takes a week before it's all out.

There are many people who have extreme dietary restrictions. I'm sure someone will post about it. Also if you search through the past forum topics you will find similar questions and answers. 

...mtnman. 

Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:22 pm

there are a few things i never eat-peanuts is one and popcorn another, i don't want to take a chance

Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:27 am

Hello Welshman.

I'm okay with peanuts, but tomatoes with their peel still on can cause problems. My trouble is that I find them hard to resist when they are fresh, straight off the plant. 

Best wishes

Bill

Past Member
Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:32 am

Thank god nuts are OK for me to eat I love dry roasted pea nuts I'm drooling just thinking about them! The only thing I can't eat is pineapple last time I was in hopsital for a week on morphine with threats of surgery, until about 20 years ago I could eat it but after having some of my small bowel removed that was it game over. I was never that keen on pineapple but same as you I've craved it ever since drinking pinepple jucie just ain't the same. I have been told I have a cast iron stomach as days after surgery eating ham salad bagutte's in hopsital with Dr's & nurses having the look of fear on there faces saying you can't eat that and I say watch me and never had any problems yet lol

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.