Meet & talk to fellow OstoMates Support | Friendship | Relationships 23,6K + members

Purchase ostomy supplies

Welcome to MeetAnOstoMate.org
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:15 pm

I'm on Medicare. I need wafers. Who can I order wafers thru that won't make me pay up front, & hopefully get reimbursed by Medicare? Thanks. I can't seem to remember who I've been ordering from, and they never followup with me. Thanks so much!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:39 am

I do Edgepark 

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:45 am

I do Edgepark 

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:09 am

I also use Edgepark. I got a litte pissed at them the last time I ordered. I have a commercial BC plan as primary and Medicare as secondary and they required a $60 copay up front. That has never happened before. I never have had to pay anything for my supplies with two insurances. Not sure if policy changed or what but I cancelled my order after I paid and thought about it. They seem to have outsourced their call center and I cannot understand anything they say when they call me or I call them. Not sure I will go back to them. They have done well up to this past year. May try Liberator Medical. Have not decided. 
Pup

Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:49 am
Puppyluv56 wrote:

I also use Edgepark. I got a litte pissed at them the last time I ordered. I have a commercial BC plan as primary and Medicare as secondary and they required a $60 copay up front. That has never happened before. I never have had to pay anything for my supplies with two insurances. Not sure if policy changed or what but I cancelled my order after I paid and thought about it. They seem to have outsourced their call center and I cannot understand anything they say when they call me or I call them. Not sure I will go back to them. They have done well up to this past year. May try Liberator Medical. Have not decided. 
Pup

My insurance cover 80% and I have to pay 20%, yesterday I made an order which they say said I have to pay $62.

today I checked my account, the supplies already out for delivery, this is what I love about!

Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:20 pm

I have Medicare and another insurence, I go through a local drug store and they order my supplies. I just sign the paper and pick them up. All I had to do was get my Dr write a precription for them and I don't have to pay anything. I call in what I need and they have them ready the next day. Best wishes and stay safe

Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:54 am
lovely wrote:

I have Medicare and another insurence, I go through a local drug store and they order my supplies. I just sign the paper and pick them up. All I had to do was get my Dr write a precription for them and I don't have to pay anything. I call in what I need and they have them ready the next day. Best wishes and stay safe

That's sounds great, stick with that then

Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:22 am

I will be glad to get a supplemental plan to Medicare in Sept. 

mall will be covered then except the Medicare Deductible. 

Pup! 

Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:35 am

Hi Pup does your supplemental plan not pay your  Medicare Deductible?

Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:51 am
lovely wrote:

Hi Pup does your supplemental plan not pay your  Medicare Deductible?

No, It does not. That plan ended a few years ago. For those already eligible for it at that time, it continues. That was the F plan. Now all that is available is the G plan which does not cover Medicare deductible but cover thes same once you meet the deductible. It is their way of spending a little less money.

Puppyluv

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:03 pm

talk to docter most of the time they make first contact tell u who  or call for list who takes medicar they bill insurancr for u  wafers aret my cup of tea.  docter or hospitile or your drug store /compony this is me good luke have a good one

Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:54 pm

get made at compony remember call call your docters office who will take your incurunce  make sure make sure wich one first  who 2 this may br way u payed out of pocket  most places think medicare is first may need 5 baseball bat if nut first. i fit this training.

Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:16 am

Contact the company that sells ostomy supplies and tell them what you need. Give them your MediCare info. And, then your supplies are paid. 
Ask the seller what they need in for them to pay. 
Hope this helps. 
Sharon🌷

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.