Sleeping with Colostomy: Seeking Tips

Replies
Views
Past Member
Reply to warrior

Thanks. I thought of getting a big comfy reclining chair to sleep in.

Past Member
Reply to xnine

Thanks xnine. I'm going to copy this and see if I can make it bigger to read. LOL

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,598 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

gisele76

First of all, make sure you are wearing the best pouch for you. Get samples to try. I also use Brava strips and Sure Seals. Lately, I have discovered stoma wraps and convex rings. I do not take supplies with me now unless staying overnight. Good luck!

Past Member

Thank you

warrior
Reply to AlexT

Well Alex, you are a lucky duck. Having someone to remedy sleeplessness. I'm jealous. Does she have a sister?

Warrior

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
AlexT
Reply to warrior

I don't know, haven't met her yet, but someday I'll have the one. Or maybe I have talked to her and just haven't figured out she's the one yet. &zwj

Past Member
Reply to gisele76

Thank you, Gisele.

Past Member
Reply to JamesArnod

Thank you

newnormal

Sleep... this is one of my favorite things! Recently I have been using Sleep Better by Oregon's Wild Harvest. It has skullcap, valerian, ashwagandha, passionflower, and hops. It has been working really well for me. It doesn't have the hangover that a lot of other things do. It may or may not continue to work. I am always trying different remedies.

I have had my ileostomy for over 7 years now, so I automatically wake up 1-3 times a night to empty my bag when it is full and then stumble back to bed. Lately, strange, vivid dreams have been more disruptive than my ileostomy. This is probably due to being on oral budesonide for Crohn's.