Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
26,431 members

Can I still be in the “Cool Kids” club?

Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:59 pm
"This is the best website for people with an Ostomy, hands down. So much understanding. Everyone should join."

Hi Friends!

     I have surgery coming up on April 14th to repair a recto vaginal fistula at the point of anastomosis. (Where my sweet ileostomy started) If the surrounding tissue looks good my surgeon may reverse my ileostomy. (I know, shock and disappointment..) 🤦🏼‍♀️ I'm also in need of a having my midline incision taken down, reinforced, and repaired. I have a few questions I hope y'all might have some experience with. 😁

     1. Has anyone had this type of fistula repair or something similar? What should I expect in the way of healing, pain, the process in general? 

      2. If I get my reversal, can I stay? I love y'all, and the friendships I've made here. I'm honestly thinking I'd like to volunteer or go to school to help amazing ostomates in some capacity. ❤️

     3. Has anyone had to have their midline incision redone? How long after the initial surgery was it? Was it able to be repaired robotically, or was a full reopen necessary?

     I can't thank y'all enough for the love, support, humor, and friendship you've shown me. It's tough to be vulnerable, or ask for help. It helps to have all these amazing people championing one another along. 

     Hopefully the emojis work here. ❤️🥰😍💕🦩🌻🦙🎂💩🤗😎🤷🏼‍♀️😂

-Rae

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:08 pm

Emoji's work.  Yes all people are needed here. Even ones that get reconnected and move back to the dark side. 😳🤣🤩.  I see questions about reversals all the time, and seeing's I will never ever be able to add my 31/2 cents ( inflation ) it would be neat to have peeps around to help!

Good luck. I will be praying for you!

Cplumber

MeetAnOstoMate - 26,431 members

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:10 pm

Oh Rae, You must stay!!! You are in the Cool Kids club now for life!!! 

Sending you so much Love and Light for quick Healing. ❤️🙏❤️

❤️🥰😍💕🦩🌻🦙🎂💩🤗😎🤷🏼‍♀️😂



Last edited by on Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:10 pm

I'd still pick ya for my kickball team. 😘

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:11 pm

I don't have any experience with that procedure. I wish you all the best and am praying for a successful procedure, a speedy recovery, and complete healing.

E& I

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:22 pm

You wanna sit on dirty public toilets again? Wtf? 😁 

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:23 pm

Ditto to the replies above!

You have to stay anyway and let us know how it all works out, am sure it will be a success.

Positive vibes heading your way,

Jo

❤️🥰😍💕🦩🌻🦙🎂💩🤗😎🤷🏼‍♀️😂

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:32 pm


Cplumber wrote:

Emoji's work.  Yes all people are needed here. Even ones that get reconnected and move back to the dark side. 😳🤣🤩.  I see questions about reversals all the time, and seeing's I will neve...

     I'm so glad the emojis work! 😂 I'm really glad I got to leave the dark side for a while. As much as I never would have asked for this, it's held so many blessings. Thank you for the prayers, and for keeping me around. 😂🤷🏼‍♀️❤️

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:33 pm


Anonymous wrote:

Oh Rae, You must stay!!! You are in the Cool Kids club now for life!!! 

Sending you so much Love and Light for quick Healing. ❤️🙏❤️

❤️🥰😍💕🦩🌻🦙🎂💩🤗😎🤷...

     You have no idea how much that means to me Sally! I still want to come visit you, and go on all the adventures. ❤️❤️❤️

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:35 pm


AlexT wrote:

I'd still pick ya for my kickball team. 😘

But would I be your first pick? 💁🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:37 pm


Ebony&Ivory wrote:

I don't have any experience with that procedure. I wish you all the best and am praying for a successful procedure, a speedy recovery, and complete healing.

E& I

    Thank you so much! Prayers are greatly appreciated. I'll be sending love your way too.❤️

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:39 pm


AlexT wrote:

You wanna sit on dirty public toilets again? Wtf? 😁 

     Well, I am a girl.. standing isn't a 100% process. 😂


Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:40 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     You have no idea how much that means to me Sally! I still want to come visit you, and go on all the adventures. ❤️❤️❤️

Yes! Come visit as long as you want! It will be so much fun! ❤️❤️❤️

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:40 pm


~jo~ wrote:

Ditto to the replies above!

You have to stay anyway and let us know how it all works out, am sure it will be a success.

Positive vibes heading your way,

Jo

❤️🥰😍💕🦩🌻🦙🎂...

     Aww, thank you Jo! I'll definitely keep y'all updated. I'm sure there are still some shenanigans in my future we can all laugh about. I'm sending love your way too! ❤️💕🦩🌻

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:41 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

But would I be your first pick? 💁🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤔

You have doubt? You're lucky I don't  know what hospital you'll be at, your last name ....you might get flowers sent to ya from an old dweeb. 

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:58 pm


AlexT wrote:

You have doubt? You're lucky I don't  know what hospital you'll be at, your last name ....you might get flowers sent to ya from an old dweeb. 

     My kids are starting to wonder why I'm always smiling at my phone like a foolish schoolgirl. They probably think I'm on Tinder. 😂

Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:59 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     My kids are starting to wonder why I'm always smiling at my phone like a foolish schoolgirl. They probably think I'm on Tinder. 😂

Well, we are swapping undies. 😮😁

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:01 pm


AlexT wrote:

Well, we are swapping undies. 😮😁

     Haha, true story. 😂

Axl
Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:08 pm

Hi Rae

I hope you get all that you deserve with your next journey.

You better come back, you're one of the good guys x ... lol

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:19 pm


Axl wrote:

Hi Rae

I hope you get all that you deserve with your next journey.

You better come back, you're one of the good guys x ... lol

 

Axl,

     Coming from you that is the highest compliment. I'm just never going to leave. 💕

-Rae

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:24 pm


RaenotRay wrote:

     My kids are starting to wonder why I'm always smiling at my phone like a foolish schoolgirl. They probably think I'm on Tinder. 😂

What this Tinder thing you know so much about? 🤔 🤭

Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:39 pm


AlexT wrote:

What this Tinder thing you know so much about? 🤔 🤭

     Haha, I know nothing about that one. 😂 I could share horror stories about Plenty of Fish though. Not the site persay, but the interesting people. 😅

Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:07 am

You better stay here, I wish nothing but the best for you and this procedure. You and Sally and I have plans so you better not disappear on us! 


Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:30 am


Abefroman1969 wrote:

You better stay here, I wish nothing but the best for you and this procedure. You and Sally and I have plans so you better not disappear on us! 

That's right! More fun to be had this year! 

❤️🥳🍻🦙🍨🌞🎂🦩🍹🌸💃 🕺🎶💗

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:00 am

hI Rae good luck with surgery, as for the incision the surgeon for my resection surgery a few years ago ask me what i thought of the scar after he removed the staples, he was proud of his work and compared to the old one which looked like a flattened night crawler worm it was smooth and no lumps along it, but the incision where my old stoma was like a pothole on a muddy road.  

Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:56 am

Hey there. I was lucky enough to be reversed after about 3 months.  I still check in on this group a couple of times per week and offer advice on my experience from initial surgery to reversal surgery when I can.  

I have had 4 open abdominal surgeries over the past 18 months and decided to have scar revision 5ish months after my last open procedure to make my abdomen look as good as it can.  I ended up having my belly botton removed due to issues with it becoming detached.  It was an invasive procedure but did not go into the abdomen itself so it was easier recovery.  I would recommend that type of surgery when you are completely healed from reversal.  I wanted to be as sure as I could be that I was not going to need another open procedure. Just my 2cents. 
Good luck

Clint

Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:47 pm


Abefroman1969 wrote:

You better stay here, I wish nothing but the best for you and this procedure. You and Sally and I have plans so you better not disappear on us! 

     I'm definitely staying, and I can't wait for our adventures! One day we'll look back and laugh at all these early conversations. ❤️🌻💕🦩💩🥰😘

Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:49 pm


Anonymous wrote:

That's right! More fun to be had this year! 

❤️🥳🍻🦙🍨🌞🎂🦩🍹🌸💃 🕺🎶💗

 

❤️💕🦩🦙👸🏼🌻🥰💩

Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:52 pm


ron in mich wrote:

hI Rae good luck with surgery, as for the incision the surgeon for my resection surgery a few years ago ask me what i thought of the scar after he removed the staples, he was proud of his work and ...

     Thank you! That's really interesting about your incision. Mine is pretty gnarly, but I would probably leave it if it was just cosmetic. How was recovery from your reversal?

Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:01 pm


Footie97 wrote:

Hey there. I was lucky enough to be reversed after about 3 months.  I still check in on this group a couple of times per week and offer advice on my experience from initial surgery to reversal sur...

Clint,

     I feel so normal now. 😅 I've had 4 abdominal surgeries so far. My tummy is a hot mess, but honestly doesn't bother me too much. Although my bellybutton does point to the left now. 😂

     Initially my surgeon was going to have another surgeon operating at the same time and complete the midline repair. Now they're leaning to waiting to give the scars some time to soften. I'm glad to hear your perspective on waiting. I'm anxious to not need any more surgery. How was your reversal?

     Thanks for sticking around. 🥰

-Rae

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.
All times are GMT - 5 Hours