Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Support | Friendship | Relationships
28,955 members
Next >

Colostomy and indigestion/ what to safely do

This is the best website for people with an Ostomy. So much understanding.

What can I take for indigestion with the colostomy?

Have you tried just drinking a glass of water or milk? I would think most indigestion medicine would be ok but I try to avoid taking any type of meds if I don’t have to. 

MeetAnOstoMate - 28,955 members

AlexT wrote:

Have you tried just drinking a glass of water or milk? I would think most indigestion medicine would be ok but I try to avoid taking any type of meds if I don’t have to. 

Thank you for answering my question. I did ask my oncology nurse and the ostomy surgical nurse, they suggested omeprazole, so I opened the pill, poured it on to some applesauce and ate it that way.
im new to this ostomy stuff,  I’m completely lost, it was a unplanned surgery due to a blockage next to my colen from a small tumor. My ostomy is only two weeks old, and I could use all the advice and help I can get from the more experienced people who have been doing this for awhile. 
I’m due to start chemo therapy soon, don’t have a date yet, as I have to heal first. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know. Thank you. 

If you have a colostomy, you shouldn’t need to do anything but take the pill, unless you were told to put it in the applesauce. 

There is a tablet called NEZIUM, it's just once a day tablet and it works great. IGGIE

Tums always worked for me plus it helps your bones.  I was taking them daily so my dr put me on Prilosec which seems to be working 

* Please, do not post contact information, personal information or advertising.