Sitting Backwards: A Better Way to Empty?

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses the potential benefits and drawbacks of sitting backwards while emptying an ostomy bag, with participants sharing their experiences and advice.
Mimi6

Hi Marco,

Hey, whatever works, right?

Personally, I use a bag liner and love them!!

When I have output, I just open the bag and lift out the liner, put my lubricant in a new liner, insert in the bag, clean up around the flange, and put the bag back on. Simple and clean.

I order the liners from https://parthenoninc.com/

Vickie

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,086 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

Marco789

Aww, thank you Vickie... you're a sweetheart. Unfortunately, I use a one-piece appliance and a septic tank, so they probably won't work for me. I'm happy that you found something that works well for you! It's like everyone has a different situation and different needs... It's refreshing that we can share these ideas on this site! ;)

Peace and love,

Marc

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
gfransn

I sit sideways with my bag at the back of the toilet. Since I have a trash can and various other impediments alongside the throne, I can't face the tank. I also have found that sitting side saddle is about the only way that works on airplanes.

Killarney
Reply to AlexT

God bless your knees