Maximize Your Tax Benefits with the Canadian Disability Tax Credit

In this discussion
Replies
Views
About
This topic discusses how to maximize tax benefits through the Canadian Disability Tax Credit, with participants sharing advice and tips.
JamesArnod

If you live in Canada and have a stoma, you can receive a large tax credit. Go to www.ostomycanada.ca

I did this and received a $17,000 tax credit plus I now have an $8,000+ tax credit per year for life.

Interested? Hint, you need to use a certain phraseology which is in the Ostomy Canada's brochure. They will help.

I actually filled in the whole form including the doctor's part; all he had to do was sign and date it. He did not get upset as time is money, especially for doctors.

Jim

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,093 members. Get inside and you will see.

We're not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed in the forums.

It's a very special community, embracing all ages and backgrounds. People are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

SallyK

Thanks for the information.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate
Uro2011

I got rejected the first time because my doctor barely wrote anything and I paid him $80 to fill out the forms. Doctors don't know what we go through day to day, so I filled out all the forms myself and my doctor read them over and agreed with what I had written and signed them, and I got approved. If they reject you, keep applying over and over again. The first time they approved me for like 8 years, and the second time they approved me for life.

SallyK

I only got approved for 5 years, which is so odd. Nothing will be different in 5 years.

Uro2011
Reply to SallyK

It makes no sense at all. If it's permanent, it's permanent, nothing is going to change.

Stories of Living Life to the Fullest from Ostomy Advocates I Hollister
TerryLT
Reply to SallyK

This is weird. Maybe they have changed something, as when I got approved for it a few years ago, only people with 'permanent disabilities' were eligible, so there was no question of a time limit.

Terry