Experiences with Coloplast's Core 4 Abdominal Exercises?

Replies
Views
SallyK
Dec 16, 2022 10:12 pm

I found some abdominal exercises on the Coloplast website... Core 4. Does anyone do there? Any issues? Thanks

https://www.coloplastcare.com/siteassets/3.-lifestyle/l2_exercise/l2.6-abdominal-exercises/cpoc_exercisecore4.pdf

AlexT
Dec 16, 2022 10:24 pm

I just got an email today from StealthBelt that had various things on it... stomach exercises, leak tips, etc. Not sure if it's on their site or not.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 35,000 members who truly understand you.

It's not all about ostomy. We talk about everything.

Many come here for advice or to give advice, others have found good friends, and some have even found love. Most importantly, people here are honest and genuinely care.

🛑 Privacy is very important - we have many features that are only visible to members, ensuring a safe and secure environment for you to share and connect.

Create an account and you will be amazed by the warmth of this community.

TerryLT
Dec 16, 2022 10:37 pm

Hi Sally, I started with these a few months after getting my colostomy, but have since progressed to some slightly more aggressive ones, like planks and leg lifts, but these are a great way to start to strengthen your abdominals, which will help prevent hernias.

Terry

SallyK
Dec 16, 2022 11:13 pm
Reply to AlexT

I will check out their site. Thanks!

It did have the info:

https://www.stealthbelt.com/core-strength-and-hernia-prevention-resources

SallyK
Dec 16, 2022 11:14 pm
Reply to TerryLT

I should have started earlier.

How to Manage Ostomy Leaks with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
Play
patrickrichardson1946
Dec 17, 2022 8:12 am

Always done core exercises for about 3 years... was shown in hospital after operation... I think it's standard practice in the UK.

patrickrichardson1946
Dec 17, 2022 8:13 am

Always done core exercises for about 3 years... was shown in hospital after operation... I think it's standard practice in the UK.

Ben38
Dec 17, 2022 3:22 pm

Yes, I do more advanced ones now.... They're nice and safe ones to start with. Most can start doing them within days of surgery with guidance from ostomy nurses/Dr.... Core exercises are the best thing we can do to try and prevent a hernia, much more important than support wear/belts.

TerryLT
Dec 17, 2022 8:00 pm
Reply to SallyK

Hey, it's never too late!