Experiences with Coloplast's Core 4 Abdominal Exercises?

Replies
Views
SallyK

I found some abdominal exercises on the Coloplast website... Core 4. Does anyone do there? Any issues? Thanks

https://www.coloplastcare.com/siteassets/3.-lifestyle/l2_exercise/l2.6-abdominal-exercises/cpoc_exercisecore4.pdf

AlexT

I just got an email today from StealthBelt that had various things on it... stomach exercises, leak tips, etc. Not sure if it's on their site or not.

Gray Logo for MeetAnOstoMate

Why Join MeetAnOstoMate?

First off, this is a pretty cool site with 33,475 members. Get inside and you will see.

It's not all about ostomy. Everything is being discussed.

Many come here for advice or to give advice 🗣, others have found good friends 🤗, and there are also those who have found love 💓. Most of all, people are honest and truly care.

Privacy is very important - the website has many features that are only visible to members.

Create an account and you will be amazed.

TerryLT

Hi Sally, I started with these a few months after getting my colostomy, but have since progressed to some slightly more aggressive ones, like planks and leg lifts, but these are a great way to start to strengthen your abdominals, which will help prevent hernias.

Terry

SallyK
Reply to AlexT

I will check out their site. Thanks!

It did have the info:

https://www.stealthbelt.com/core-strength-and-hernia-prevention-resources

SallyK
Reply to TerryLT

I should have started earlier.

How to Manage Emotions with LeeAnne Hayden | Hollister
patrickrichardson1946

Always done core exercises for about 3 years... was shown in hospital after operation... I think it's standard practice in the UK.

patrickrichardson1946

Always done core exercises for about 3 years... was shown in hospital after operation... I think it's standard practice in the UK.

Ben38

Yes, I do more advanced ones now.... They're nice and safe ones to start with. Most can start doing them within days of surgery with guidance from ostomy nurses/Dr.... Core exercises are the best thing we can do to try and prevent a hernia, much more important than support wear/belts.

TerryLT
Reply to SallyK

Hey, it's never too late!